Dir2File Break Point or Error?

Windows XP Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
sierra2600

Dir2File Break Point or Error?

Post by sierra2600 »

I know that this is a rather old topic with Microsoft Windows XP and all but I went to install Dir2File and it caused a Kernel stop. Also once I do get the program out of the kernel stop the program refuses to make a list of files.
I have a secondary computer being used as a debugger on my system and every time I go to use the Dir2File the Kernel Debugger kicks in with... (if this helps at all)

Code: Select all

Single step exception - code 80000004 (first chance)
First chance exceptions are reported before any exception handling.
This exception may be expected and handled.
00417a3f 73dc jae 00417a1d
kd>
I was just wondering if he may have accidentally left a break point in the program or if there is a problem with the program and if it at all was resolved and if I could possibly get a new copy? This program was very handy for making lists of my music folder. (I know it was offered under Functionality in the Windows XP Registry Tweaks which was discontinued and I understand.)
The Version tab in the file properties says... (if this helps at all)
File version: 1.0.0.0
Copyright: copyright (c) 2004-2005 Antonis Kaladis
Company: Antonis Kaladis
File version: 1.00
Internal name: dir2file
Language: English (United States)
Orginal file name: dir2file.exe
Product name: Dir2File
Product version: 1.00
The computer in question has Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 on a 250GB Western Digital hard drive with 2GB of memory with a Intel Pentium III processor.
If you feel that this is a waste of anything, I understand. Thank you for your time.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Dir2File Break Point or Error?

Post by Whatacrock »

This will be best answered by TheAPGuy
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dir2File Break Point or Error?

Post by TheAPGuy »

sorry for the late reply...
you know... I have seen that file before... i am looking for it now. give me a moment...

edit:
Yes, it was one of his personal creations. I think i have the source code for it somewhere but, I cant seem to find it. I can't get it to run on my win7 even with compatibility settings. If you have a copy of the listing it creates I could throw together a quick program that does the same thing.