Suggestion: Don't install end of XP support notice on Vista

Windows XP Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
Galane

Suggestion: Don't install end of XP support notice on Vista

Post by Galane »

I did an upgrade of XP Pro SP3 to Vista 32 bit, then used Autopatcher with the addons and Vista updates and up popped the notice about the end of XP support.

Can Autopatcher be configured to make that "update" unavailable on any version of Windows that's not XP?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Suggestion: Don't install end of XP support notice on Vi

Post by Whatacrock »

That update has been left alone as there is no download link to the installer,in addition only wanted to make a "REMOVE/DISABLE" apm but not certain if this is achievable (Will need to confer with ViroMan on the matter)

The update KB2934207 (EOS Windows XP) can be uninstalled via the Add & Remove Programs (Win XP), it could be able to uninstalled via Programs & Features in Win Vista if it is listed.

There are other methods of uninstalling and disabling this update on the internet --- do a search for "Uninstall KB2934207" and you should find a solution
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well I did a quick search and I didn't see a way to uninstall. However... wac... you CAN make an APM that removes things instead of installing them. :) Just have it execute the uninstall in the install area. :) Once I get the hide function updated you can have it hide if its not needed.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

After do more research on this update, creating an APM also (tested on Win XP), since this only applies to Windows XP x86, can only two alternative solutions for your situation.

Firstly, I found a registry key in my search that will disable this update, file attached. Extract to a suitable location and double click the reg file to apply.

Secondly in my search found a commandline that will uninstall the update, if you want to disable/uninstall KB2934207: "%windir%\system32\xp_eos.exe -u", run this without the quotes.

Please report the success or failures of these solutions
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"