Downloads only missing updates

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
garcente

Downloads only missing updates

Post by garcente »

hi:
I wonder if I can periodically update a computer without Internet connection using another if connected, that is, if I can know that updates are installed on not connected computer, and from the connected lower subsequent updates and then install them in the unconnected .
Thank You
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Downloads only missing updates

Post by Whatacrock »

That is the primary purpose of autopatcher. It allows you download updates for systems which are not connected to the internet to be kept up to date.

Please read the Wiki in regards to this, links can be found in "The Autopatcher Wiki" thread
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
garcente

Post by garcente »

I realize that the question I have made a somewhat confusing way.
I will try to explain better.
I have run apup and I downloaded the updates by saving on a USB flash drive; then from that flash drive, with AutoPatcher, I have Windows 7 installed on normally. In this pendrive, in modules we have a fairly high burden of upgrades, 852 MB.
In the next run of apup to lower further updates do they have to be present in the previous pendrive or once installed can be removed and lighten the stick?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

If you remove any updates from an Official release, when you run AutoPatcher again it will download any new updates and any removed updates to put the release back to an Official state. So, no, you can't remove updates from a release you're updating -> they'll just get downloaded again.

There's no reason you can't remove certain updates and the associated apm files from a backup copy, but you need to be mindful of what you remove. Many of us who have used AP for a long time make custom releases, and some of us are still waiting for the day you can make a cistom release and not be nagged by a big ugly red message reminding you You're Unofficial :)
garcente

Post by garcente »

Thank you very much; now I have clear.
shortcut

Post by shortcut »

AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56 will not download failed verification how can I Download the AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Can you post the log file? what ever app you are using there will be a log. Apup.log or Autopatcher.log
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ shortcut ---- start apup, wait for list to display, you will find the autopatcher engine second from the top... this is what you need.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"