AutoPatcher v6.2.02 crash

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
Bethrezen

AutoPatcher v6.2.02 crash

Post by Bethrezen »

hi all

I downloaded the latest version of auto patcher but after downloading the patches for win7 sp1 (x86) every time I try to click on one of the patches to look at it's information the application is crashing here is a screen shot of the error

https://s31.postimg.org/6v54gfeaj/Untitled.png

I don't believe this is a problem with my system because I only just installed window 7 sp1 (x86) from the cd today and before you ask I did a clean install not an upgrade, so I'm not sure what's going on but clearly something isn't right, and needs investigating.

As a side note I wanted to ask about the telemetry updates are they included in the list of patches for win 7 or not ? the reason I ask is because as I understand it the telemetry updates have some rather questionable privacy implications, and frankly I'd rather avoid the whole issue by simply not installing them but obviously to do that I first need to know if they are included in the list of updates or not.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutoPatcher v6.2.02 crash

Post by TheAPGuy »

Hello, welcome to the forums.
I see the error and it is interesting. Can you provide the log file Autopatcher.log? Also does that happen with any of them you click on or just a certain update? The only way that can happen is if there is a translation error when reading the apm.
Bethrezen

Post by Bethrezen »

[edit] misread your post.

Sure here ya go
autopatcher.log
(124.66 KiB) Downloaded 977 times
Last edited by Bethrezen on Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Are you running the program directly from cd/dvd? If this is the case then you will see the log file in c:\autopatcher.log
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

@Bethrezen

You might try updating ap6202 to ap6205, it fixed the problem for me. The single exe is found here -> viewtopic.php?f=15&p=5124#p5114

Simply replace AutoPatcher.exe (6202) with AutoPatcher.exe (6205). Please report back if you would, any problems you encounter :)
Bethrezen

Post by Bethrezen »

hi

just ran the update on auto patcher and have the autopatcher.exe v6.2.06 and I'm still getting the same crash

https://s32.postimg.org/5j6y9lbhx/Untitled.png

[Edit]

humm now that's odd while auto patcher crashed after running the update and then selecting to go to the install screen when I started auto patcher up again after the crach it seems to work correctly so might be a good idea to add an auto restart after the update to make sure that people are running the latest version of the autopatcher.exe

one other thing I noticed when I check agree on the licence agreement the next time I start auto patcher it forgets that I already clicked agree while it's a minor issue it's kind of annoying is there a way for me to make autopatcher remember that I already checked agree to the licence agreement.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi Bethrezen

Looking at your pic posted above, AP is still at 6.2.2, updating AP to 6.2.6 should fix the run-time error 13.

The next release is going to have the option of selecting only once to ignore the 2 EULAs, after that they shouldn't reappear. The only way for now is to run -> autopatcher.exe /nolicense - the /nolicense will bypass the EULAs altogether. If you're not sure how to create a shortcut and add a switch, ask and we'll help you out.

*** I wanted to add that if you're updating IE11 (IE11-Windows6.1-x86-en-us.exe), you need to read the requirements & troubleshooting tips from the 2 Microsoft links in this post -> viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1390&p=5189#p5188 - if ignored the IE11 upgrade will likely fail.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I believe the issue for you the second time is that you updated to the new AP but did not restart it. I should toss in a string in the release list that tells you that you need to restart AP.
Bethrezen

Post by Bethrezen »

I believe the issue for you the second time is that you updated to the new AP but did not restart it. I should toss in a string in the release list that tells you that you need to restart AP.
that's was what I figured hence my comment about maybe adding an auto restart routine to the autopatcher.exe to restart the program after being updated but even just a little popup box to remind people to restart would work though an auto restart would probably be better.
inetguru

Post by inetguru »

Autopatcher does not start on my win7 x64. Appearing for the second in processes, the window does not open and again lost in the process. What am I doing wrong?