AutoPatcher keeps installing same updates

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
joris

AutoPatcher keeps installing same updates

Post by joris »

Hey guys,

first of all: Really like this tool.

I just installed a fresh win7 sp1 and did some updates.
After a couple reboots now autopatcher keeps proposing the same 4 updates every time. Even after I install them and reboot.

The updates don't show up in "Installed Updates" under control panel either.

Updates:
KB2912390
KB3003743
KB3042058
KB3126446

What should I do?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: AutoPatcher keeps installing same updates

Post by Whatacrock »

@joris --- If rerunning autopatcher you can uncheck (remove) from the updates that you do not wish to install.

The Critical Updates by default are always checked, so these are safe to uncheck on subsequent runs.

The updates don't show up in "Installed Updates" under control panel either.

Updates:
KB2912390
KB3003743
KB3042058
KB3126446
These updates would be "NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR SYSTEM", therefore disregarded when running AP
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
qlx77

Post by qlx77 »

Hello,

I have the same problem : Critical and Recommended updates keep showing in AutoPatcher even after having installed them several times (with reboot).

The snapshot of the list is here :

I then manually installed the Updates (in the Autopatcher directory) and only one update needed to be installed : KB3003743

All the other Updates listed in Autopatcher that I tried to install manually are not applicable on my computer : Screenshot :

(For info my system is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.)

Regards,

Hughes
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@qlx --- you can safely ignore those which are not applicable to your system. There is a way to exclude these from showing but I am not sure how this can be done, maybe TheAPGuy can enlighten use what is required.
The Critical Updates will always display with a checkmark, just remove on those not applicable and continue with other updates.

BTW Welcome to the forums.
:)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Right click on the updates that you know are not for you and hit "never show this item". It will then be black listed. You will never see that item again until you delete the blacklist file or edit it.
erpster3

Post by erpster3 »

A follow up on this: do NOT install KB3042058 anymore! - it causes some conflicts with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) v4.9 as I read here. If KB3042058 was installed on other Win7 machines AND the MSE 4.9 app was installed, uninstall KB3042058, then uninstall MSE 4.9, reboot and re-install MSE 4.9.

I just did a fresh install of Win7 SP1 along with installing updates KB3177467, KB3125574 and newer updates and I recently installed MSE v4.9.218.0 before I attempted to install KB3042058 and it said it was not applicable.

I also removed KB3042058 on my other Win7 computers then uninstalled & re-installed Microsoft Security Essentials 4.9 and Windows Update no longer offers the KB3042058 security update on those Win7 computers.