Can't get pass "Accept" screen

Windows 7 Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
michael_clyde

Can't get pass "Accept" screen

Post by michael_clyde »

Hey,
I have version 6_1_32 and 6_2_14 and cannot see but a very small piece of the check box at the bottom right. I can get the check in the box but, I can't see a "Submit" (or such) button to accept. Hitting enter does nothing. I've changed screen resolution, tried different compatibility modes, changed the AutoPatcher window size in the .ini file and my DPI is at 100%. (won't go any lower) I know this is not an AP problem but I'm hoping you can help. I was getting the "RICHTX32.ocx" error but d/l from TechNet fixed it.

thanks for any enlightenment,
m_c
REMEMBER,
"If you don't play well with others,
you could end up (literally) playing with yourself"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't get pass "Accept" screen

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ok... what is the size of your screen? What is the resolution you are running it at? Is it a portrait or landscape screen? Most screens are landscape some can change (technically they all can change but, the base does not turn on most of them). Many apps don't handle portrait very well. Someone else here had an issue with using an off size screen. I thought I took care of it; I wonder if this is related.

RICHTX32.ocx is already provided to you in the bin directory and AP will install it if you have admin rights given to it.
michael_clyde

Post by michael_clyde »

I'm using 23" (diag) landscape oriented flat screen that will take a 1680 x 1050, I'm currently using it at 1280 x 1024. (one of it's presets) I have tried the highest, lowest and with admin rights but, I didn't try reinstalling at a different resolution. I will try that now. I had this happen in 2011 with one version of Dragon Speaking Naturally, the next version it went away. The first time I ran it I didn't do it with admin rights but d/l the .ocx from M$ cured it.

Thanks for your time, I know you've nothing else to do but waste time on trivial crap like this.
REMEMBER,
michael_clyde

Post by michael_clyde »

I just realized that the program doesn't install. So much for that bright idea.
REMEMBER,
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Hmm no, the resolutions and orientation for you are fine. Try deleting the ini file then start it up.

"The program" doesn't install? You mean AP will not run the updates you downloaded or its not installing the OCX files?

also... I am sure you tried but, just because I don't see it in your post... did you try to change the windows size by dragging the corners?
michael_clyde

Post by michael_clyde »

When I said it doesn't install, I meant it acts more like a portable app, it runs from the directory where you have it. There is no install program built in. I have pulled the app's window and made it bigger but the check box stays in the same corner barely showing itself. I deleted the .ini file to no avail. I changed the agreement screen to "False" (do not show) and the next screen came up, made some selections to download then realized I couldn't see any buttons at the bottom to actuate it.

Could I have a portable version?
REMEMBER,
michael_clyde

Post by michael_clyde »

I had my border padding set to "15" and reset it to "1", now I can see enough of the missing buttons to run it.
Border padding, what a bun ch of hooey.

thanks for your help.
REMEMBER,
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

lol? I never even considered that. So your still missing some of the visible buttons or is it fine now?
BTW yes... the app will run from where ever you place it. It was initially meant to run from a CD/DVD/USB. So if you were an admin you could place it in a shared folder or walk around with a portable media of some kind and do updates or fresh windows installs.