Question for vista users

TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question for vista users

Post by TheAPGuy »

The application supports vista but, no further effort will be made to add updates/changes to the script. That is not to say that nothing will ever happen to this scripts ever again... we may come by it once in a while and remove items that MS has removed from their own server.
JerryRhino

Post by JerryRhino »

Autopatcher download for Vista has a file verification error. My client has Vista so I would like to get a good download before it is abandoned
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

you are getting that because the download KB907306 is giving server errors 400 and up meaning most likely they pulled the update off the server and are not going to put it back on. This is common to all M$ abandonware.
This update installs the Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider component. The Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider component makes it possible to connect to a Web server as a Web folder when the native Web Client service cannot.
This update is kinda moot anyways it will apply to almost no one so, I will remove it.

Edit: I removed the offending update I however cannot seem to find my authoring tool for RTI files. Well, not at this moment anyways. I didn't look to hard but, anyways just ignore the non-official state until either I or WAC get to it.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

I have updated the release, signed and uploaded to the server

Try again

@The APGuy check you PM
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Thanks buddy. huh I still can't find it. I could always make a new one though.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

As a common courtesy to those still using Vista I will update the release to it's final stage. This will take a day or so as need to install Vista to a Virtual machine.
Will keep you posted.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have updated Windows Vista to the best of what I had to work with..

The Virtual Machine installation went smoothly but when it came to Windows Update (this failed to update), leaving me only one way to get updates, by searching.

If there are any missing or there are superseded updates lurking in the release please post so this can be remedied
Also note, this is only for Security Updates. Currently no way to check Non Security until I fix WU issue in VM.

Refer to main listing for update changes.
vezon

Post by vezon »

Hi.
I'm in a dire need o help. A couple of weeks ago I needed to bring to factory state a few comps Vista SP1.
Windows Update is just plain dead for Vista, I even waited for one computer a whole week.
Now I'm trying my luck with Autopatcher, I know u doesn't invest to much to keep him up to date, but I would be more than satisfied if I could bring it to a one year old state which means hundreds of post SP2 security fixes.
In Autopatcher List of available releases can't find anything related to vista. I would welcome any help.
Thanks
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

There is a second list that you can see things that get less/no love.
Directions:
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@vezon --- you really need to bring those systems up to Service Pack 2. All updates require it as does Windows Update which is why in all probability it's not working. Even SP2 has issues with Windows Update as recently found this out. On updating the release had to use an alternative method and rely on what I have learned about the releases data.

Use the instruction from The APGuy's post to download the latest incarnation of the release, noting only the Security Updates were amended.