Extras Addon Pack

Extra includes several programs. Prominent ones are Shockwave, Flashplayer, Silverlight(MS IE addon), Some XP Powertoys, and TweakUI
Pendraguin

Re: Extras Addon Pack

Post by Pendraguin »

ChrisJ wrote:To clarify, is this an installation (launching, running) issue or detection issue for you? On Nov. 21 you mentioned that they were installed into Programs & Features but not detected in AP, I'm assuming you meant that the list remained Black (uninstalled) rather than Blue (installed)?
Soooo, my reply would have only taken about 20 minutes, but then I was curious and started testing AP again, and here we are 6 hours later. lol

OS = Win 7 SP 1 x86/32-bit
The exe's for AP 6140 & AP 6132 are in the same folder, just with different exe names.

AP 6140:
I ran AP 6140 again, selecting all the Adobe programs (I had uninstalled all of them previously).
- Reader & Shockwave both launched in AP, and show as detected/installed in both AP and P&F.

- Flash Player (ALL of them) & AIR - There were no errors for the installers, but AP zipped by each of them very quickly. None of them showed as detected/installed in either AP or P&F.

I ran the Adobe AIR install manually from a command line: AdobeAIRInstaller.exe -silent
It successfully installed, then showed as detected/installed in both AP and P&F.

AP 6132:
I don't have an old apm file to test but I removed all Adobe programs again then ran AP 6132, selecting all the Adobe programs. All of them installed successfully, and showed detected/installed in AP 6132 & 6140 and in P&F.

Uninstalled them again then tried AP 6140 again, with the same results as when I ran AP 6140 before running AP 6132.

I had Process Explorer running the whole time, and can confirm that the actual installers for all the Adobe programs ARE launching, but for some reason when launched from AP 6140, the installs of Flash Player & AIR are, I dunno, terminating early? But seems fine from AP 6132. Are there Adobe install log files? - Found them, and posted them here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1290

Looks like the log files in AP 6140 do some more reporting than in AP 6132 -

From autopatcher.log for AP 6132:

Code: Select all

Installing Adobe Flash Player 20.0.0.270 for Internet Explorer
trying to execute a module's installation/removal commands.
From autopatcher.log for AP 6140:

Code: Select all

Installing Adobe Flash Player 20.0.0.270 for Internet Explorer
trying to execute an external command or program.
Executing command: "C:\AutoPatcher\modules\AddOns\Adobe_files\install_flash_player_20_active_x.exe" -install
Just something I noticed, prby not relevant.

So to answer your questions, it must be an installation issue in AP 6140. Because if the programs are installed (through AP 6132 or directly), then AP 6140 does detect them. But if they are not installed, then AP 6140 kicks off the programs' installers but the installs terminate early (or whatever is happening).

So what is different that would cause this?
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Silverlight 5.1.41212.0 now out.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So what is different that would cause this?
Probably the way they are executed. :( 6132 executed everything by writing all external commands to a batch file and running it. This had the single advantage of telling the Windows... "YOU DEAL WITH IT!" Archaic to say the least. 6140 runs the commands directly and allows the program/command that is run to give feedback. If it errors out I can catch it and parse the error and log it. However there are weird things like dos commands and msi files have to be executed differently then an other program does. They have to be called in dos/terminal/command line mode. I wrote in a few ways to detect which way should be used but, there may be a few bugs yet.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras has been update January 12, now available

changelog:@Adobe Shockwave Player (12.2.3.183); @Silverlight (5.1.41212.0);
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras has been updated January 19, now available

changelog: @Adobe Flash Players (20.0.0.286 IE); (20.0.0.286 notIE); (20.0.0.286 Pep);
caesarvis

Post by caesarvis »

Autopatcher used to contain quite a lot of really neat and useful free programs as "extras." Is there any plan on putting those back into the release? If not, could somebody please give me a list of the programs that used to be included? Thank you!
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Are you referring to the Tweaks ??

If you are then they can be downloaded from the releases2 listing

Start Autopatcher, select "Download Updates, select Options, "add a "2" (without quotes) after releases, then click "OK" You will be presented with a new list, this list contains releases which are no longer updated --- The Retirement Village as I like to call it.

http://www.autopatcher.net/releases2.list
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

There are still quite a few free programs included. On the Download screen, you have to select "Admin Tools" (at the bottom of the list). On the Install screen, they show under "Microsoft Windows Admin". There are probably some programs that have been removed from the list but currently there are still 23.

Another good place to look is in the older pages of this thread, especially the first few. Not compiled in a list, but maybe you'll find the ones you're looking for. :)
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

I believe that caesarvis is searching for the addons that were once included. Found the original post by James of what was included.
► Show Spoiler
Be aware that any of theses Addons that are for Windows XP are now contained within that release, a lot of the others are outdated and some removed by MS from the servers.... Best of luck
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras has been updated February 5, now available

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1305

changelog: -ClearType Tuner Powertoy;