Admin Tools Package

Small scripts: Adobe Air/Reader/Flash, Microsoft Commons, DirectX, Java, Microsoft Security, Microsoft Redistributables.
Honestly I can't create a separate forum for each of them all in the main list it would be too long.
Pookey

Re: Admin Tools Package

Post by Pookey »

Looks like one of the Applications in the Admin Tools collection is no longer available or has been moved:

Code: Select all

Autopatcher Failed To Download http://www.tgmdev.be/applications/killprocess/bin/KillProcess_Setup.exe
Return code: 22. Description: HTTP file not retrieved. The requested url was not found or returned another error with the HTTP error code being 400 or above.
C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Downloads\AutoPatcher-v6_1_27\modules\windows_addons.apm already exists. Deleting before re-download.
C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Downloads\AutoPatcher-v6_1_27\modules\windows_addons.apm already exists. Deleting before re-download.
Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.
Download error: C:\Users\[REDACTED]\Downloads\AutoPatcher-v6_1_27\modules\Admin\Admin_files\KillProcess_Setup.exe
File does not exist!!!
***Processing Cleanup Routines***
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ Pookey--- Have checked the download location for KillProcess and all is in order. Took further steps for checking by downloading the package in Autopatcher BETA and the APUP/Autopatcher 1.4.43/5.7.56, no issues with either. Retry downloading the package to see if the issue resolves itself.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Windows Repair (All in One) has been updated.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

AP 6.1.40
OS = Win 7 SP1 x86

Hi all. I tried to install all of the programs in the ADMIN section, and here are the problems I found.

1) 7 Zip - file name needs updated in script to 7z1512.exe / 7x1512-x64.exe
Per AP log: Executing command: "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\7z920.exe" /quiet /norestart

2) NetToolset- file name needs updated in script to NetToolset150_win32_setup.msi
Per AP log: Executing shell command: cmd /c "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\NetToolset118_win32_setup.msi" /quiet /norestart

3) HashCheck - invalid command line flag
When trying to install this through AP, it just displays a Command-line options window and doesn't install.
Per AP log: Executing command: "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\HashCheckInstall-2.1.11.exe" /quiet /norestart

Valid command flags: /norestart is not valid
/quiet
/extract

4) Windows Inspection Tool Set - invalid command line flags
When trying to install this through AP, it just displays a USAGE window and doesn't install.
Per AP log: Executing command: "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\setup-wits-3.2.3(32_bit).exe" /quiet /norestart

Valid command line flags:
/? = Shows Usage dialog box
/a = Perform an administrative install
/a <full path to existing administrative install> = Patch an existing administrative install
/v <full path to file> = Verify signature on file

5) AP installed these programs but they don't show as installed in AP:
- Windows Repair / Tweaking.com
- Windows System Control Center

6) These programs did not complete installation after 20 minutes each in AP (They installed fine outside of AP):
- CCleaner
- Hashtab
- Recuva
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Will take a further look and edit in the morning, burning the midnight oil here atm.

UPDATE: Edited apm modules as per Pendraguin's last posting

Admin Tools updated November 24, now available

changelog: @CCleaner; @7Zip; @HashCheck; @WiTS; @NetToolset;

Please NOTE: I forgot to mention when Admin Tools was updated with 7Zip --- it is strongly advisable to UNINSTALL ver 9.20 BEFORE installing 15.12 otherwise you will be required to reinstall 15.12
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

I tried installing these after the updates.

NetToolset & Windows Repair installed & show as installed in AP.
HashCheck, WITS, and Java still showed command flags windows.
WSCC still installs but still does not show as installed in AP.

7Zip - I let this run for over an hour. It got to 95% after about 20 minutes but then did not complete. I killed the process and ran it manually - it took less than 10 seconds. (I did uninstall then reboot before trying.)
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Per ChrisJ's suggestion, I dropped the AP 6.1.32 exe into my AP 6.1.40 folder (after renaming the 6.1.32 exe) and ran it. I skipped DOWNLOAD and went right to INSTALL.

HashCheck installed without complaint, but still does not show installed in AP (in either version).
WITS did not display the command flags window like in 6.1.40 but did not install.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have made changes to the apm modules,in particular to wiTS (detection changes made). Did some checking and WiTS will install without switches as well as the /a. It will still display the installation dialog and is now detected correctly in AP.
Am considering to remove HashCheck, as HashTab seems to be a better choice, so ignore for the time being.

Script updated November 26, now available

changelog: as discussed above and supported OS's in x64 modules changed..
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks Pendragruin, worth your weight in gold. This should have been updated in June, but no-one made mention, it's done now...

Admin Tools updated December 2, now available

changelog: @ProcessHacker;

You should also note that this has been relocated to System Maintainence, it is NOT a Shell Enhancement..