AutoPatcher .NET Framework Addon Packs

ChrisJ

Re: AutoPatcher .NET Framework Addon Packs

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:If you read the Knowledge Base article there is a Notice regarding the update.
Notice
May 10, 2016 This security update has been re-released and contains updated files. This re-release is intended for LDR (limited distribution release) content customers only. We determined that there were some issues in certain printing scenarios because of a missing dependency. If you use LDR content, we recommend that you apply this updated security update. There are no changes in this re-release for GDR (general distribution release) content customers.
Will update the releases as there was also an update change to Windows 8.1 .NET 4.6.1, this will be updated later today or at latest tomorrow.
I read the notice and hoped I understood it correctly. I understood it to mean that KB3136000 v2 contained new files that would also patch LDR customers and continue to patch GDR customers, updating each system accordingly. In effect they added LDR support to the same update rather than release a new update which might only confuse users :?:

It could also mean that this is only for LDR customers, and GDR customers should have patched while the previous update was available :?:

To self :arrow: It would be interesting to compare the contents of both updates to see if the old content is still there, sorry, just being a bit geeky.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

I did install the v2 on my system, checked file versions against those in the Knowledge Base support report, all appear to match (good so far).
Checked the registry and found that both the original update KB3136000 and KB3136000v2 are listed.

I hope click-click logs in soon and may be able to help clarify the differences between the GDR and the LDR as I'm still in the dark with this.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...in the interim, do you happen to have the original KB3136000 package that I can stick in my folder to get it to quit yowping at me, or has the script been updated to use the -v2 package?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

themadkansan wrote:...in the interim, do you happen to have the original KB3136000 package that I can stick in my folder to get it to quit yowping at me, or has the script been updated to use the -v2 package?
Hi tmk :)

Technically that is forbidden by Microsoft, providing or storing copies of updates to pass around, MS requires users download directly from a MS link. Sadly, yes, the link is dead to v1. If I understand the new update it should patch either case, an LDR or GDR system so I would wait and get 3136000-v2, it should warn you of a "wrong system incompatability" otherwise. It's a good idea, especially now MS is contemplating making it harder to get direct links, to update all releases ASAP, and maybe have a backup in case updates you may want to keep are removed from a release - I believe 3136000 was released in March.

There's a small chance you might find the original online, you can search using the name & md5. If you should find a link I would scan the file (and the link) with VirusTotalOnline. Make sure the name is exact too so Sweeper wont remove it and the release stays Official.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have updated the dotNET releases to cease the moaning and groaning of autopatcher.

changelog:@KB3136000;

Script dated May 27
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

Thankee, sir. :)

ETA: crap - spoke too soon; throwing a shoe in a different way now:
► Show Spoiler
I went and manually downloaded the two new versions of KB313600 and copied them to their proper directories, so I know they're there - the one error looks like a mistyped name, but I have no idea about the 2 .apm files...
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi tmk

You need to run the .net script(s) to grab the updated apm files also, this is standard protocol. With the release of a new update, even a v2, the apm usually needs some tweaking and this is usually done at Wac's end and then the user downloads the latest apm(s).

As far as the new files (patches), you can drop them yourself but consult the latest script and make sure you name the new files as named from the DetectFile= line -- this line should always match the DownloadTo= line as far as the file name is concerned, if not a collision will occur.

Code: Select all

Item=NDP46-KB3136000-v2x64.exe
DetectFile=autopatcher:\modules\Components\__dotnet\dotNET-x64_files\NDP46-KB3136000-v2x64.exe
Item=NDP46-KB3136000-v2-x86.exe
DetectFile=autopatcher:\modules\Components\__dotnet\dotNET-x86_files\NDP46-KB3136000-v2-x86.exe
You might have a look at the new apm(s) and double-check the names used, v2x64 versus v2-x64 is a very easy thing to miss, could be a typo in there -- just a suggestion.

Note: It looks like the x64 needs a fix, decide on v2x64 or v2-x64 and edit accordingly but a change is needed and a resigning.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have fixed the issue , re signed the release and uploaded
James

Post by James »

needs updating sweeper verbose below
► Show Spoiler
Error Stats:
Extra Files: 0
Missing Files: 0
Size Missmatch: 3
MD5 Missmatch: 0

Files Scanned: 1205
Last edited by Whatacrock on Fri May 27, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler code used
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

dotNET Framework updated May 27, now available

changelog: @KB3136000; @KB3135988;