Apup is Discontinued

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apup is Discontinued

Post by TheAPGuy »

bad news people, I really screwed up my right hand today at work. Dislocated the ring finger. God it feels like someone is still stepping on my hand and grinding their heel on it. No coding today. maybe i will be better tomorrow if I can even get sleep. I am dreading rolling over on it and waking up screaming.
sixcentgeorge

Post by sixcentgeorge »

fingers...that is not a good news . wish you to get better
time to watch some futurama like the last of first run
Image Image
miracles can happen...or at least laughing is good for health and recovering .

i post in here because under win10x64 that does not work except apup 1.4.3.8
i copied apup on the drive then downloaded 5.7.6 autopatcher , i tried to launch it....then i decided to use the exe 6.2.1 that said files are missing...the bin folder was named apup_bin
i tried to launch autopatcher 6.2.1 but no windows is showing . i ll try with win7x67
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Followed above and downloaded APUP 1.4.38 then AutoPatcher 5.7.56 using Win7 w/SP1 64bit - things look much better that they did when I used AutoPatcher v6.1.21. (Personally I did not like the mix of the different versions of Windows.)

Will await future fixes pending healing of a smashed finger (it will get better - believe me.) ;)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

not smashed... it was dislocated and it still hurts bad. woke up screaming a few times due to moving around in sleep.
widhie75

Post by widhie75 »

ViroMan wrote:not smashed... it was dislocated and it still hurts bad. woke up screaming a few times due to moving around in sleep.
just relax man...... take your time for better coding. No need to rush (except you have your own target).
btw, APUP & Autopatcher 5.7.56 is working very very good.

I hope you find your "ring finger" soon,.,, (is it really a ring or just figurative language :>)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Figurative... its where the ring would go if I was married. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_finger
Mobility slowly returning to hand. I can close a zip-lock bag! Much more then that is impossible. Finger all swollen up, and rapid changes in blood pressure (just resting my arm down on me knee instead of on table) causes serious pain. Have to move it slowly. Ohh and im back at work. I could get workers compensation since the injury happened at work but, they only pay 80%. Can't afford that. :( So I am on light duty till I get well enough to work both hands, however it will slow my healing down since I can't keep it on ice while working.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Hand is returning to normal slowly. I can wiggle it a bit without too much pain. Will do some coding probably tomorrow now that I can use the mouse with the proper hand.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

click-click wrote: Also got these errors:

Trying To Copy Files.
Error Detected: File not found Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 142
Above error with /test
This could be due to a faulty copy paste of the error code. I have repaired a few of them. You are truly getting an error somewhere but, it is probably reporting it is from the wrong location (since there are not that many lines in that area).
click-click wrote: Error Detected: Invalid procedure call or argument APInitialize.FileSystemInit() At Line 114
Above error trying /no_wmi_detect
If its a real error, that line number points to not being able to find program files directory from what registry provides. hmm... which could be the case in an x86 system since they wouldn't have a registry entry called "ProgramFilesDir (x86)". FIXED
click-click wrote: Error Detected: A form can't be moved or sized while minimized or maximized in GeneralFunctions.ShowScreen At Line 126
Above error happens if you start the GUI maximized.
Didn't know that can't happen. FIXED
Closing the form while maximized causes it to not fully shutdown for some reason. Will follow the code later on that.
click-click wrote: Also, I don't see a confirmation prompt when deleting files. It would be nice to see what is being deleted. With this version, does /Test prompt or show a list of files to be deleted?
Using /Test will have sweeper generate a list of files it would have deleted but, did not. they will show in sweepers log.
click-click wrote: Personally, I do not like the grayed-out items being displayed. IMHO it has no value being displayed if the update does not apply to the OS. .It is confusing (take a look at dotNET for XP). It would be nice to have a cmd-line option to suppress items that do not apply to the OS.
will work on this later. Probably related to the bool != integer issue.

Attached is progress (just the exe). PS I haven't looked into why the buttons are not showing, yet. I am still interested in your first error so even though its not a complete fix I would still like you to run it and show me the true error.
Attachments
AutoPatcher-V6_1_22_exe.7z
(185.28 KiB) Downloaded 1031 times
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Nice. Fixed the error I was getting. Thanks.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

Looks like the maximize problem is fixed now. The other problem where the buttons were not showing was because they were off the screen. Keeping the same screen size and position for each UI needs more work. Maximize stays across all UIs so that's good.

The only Yike I can generate at the moment is by closing AP while it is running. If you use the exit button instead, AP closes normally without a Yike. Close [X] and Exit behave differently. The same applies when closing a Yike. This is also the reason why the autopatcher task does not end in XP/W7/W8 when AP is run from a batch file. If you use close, it does not end the task. If you use exit, it ends the task.

Simple test. Create a batch file to run AP and run the batch file from a command prompt. Select Download Updates and then use the close [x] button once the release list appears. The cmd prompt is still waiting for the AP task to end.
I'm not young enough to know everything