Apup is Discontinued

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apup is Discontinued

Post by TheAPGuy »

OK, so I need to check the close code then. Somewhere it is "sticking" when the exit button wasn't pushed.
Buttons will be first Item on my list to check since it sort of is a big issue. Must be a small glitch in the math somewhere since the button placement is guided by math. Are you using it in a non standard window? As in a monitor that is at 90° instead of standard or perhaps in a vm? If that is so, try using in standard just to see if that is the case. Just wondering why its different for you.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

The buttons are where they are supposed to be, but off the screen after selecting Download or Install. I'm using a laptop with a resolution of 1280 x 800 and a medium DPI (125%). No VM. Behaves the same on different OSes.

Simple Test. Resize the first screen so it's centered with about an inch space around the whole GUI. Select either Download or Install and the next screen is a totally different size and gets shifted to the right and partially off the screen. The second screen should not be moving at all and keep the size of the previous screen.
I'm not young enough to know everything
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I got the "yikes when closing with X" fixed. Its due to the shutdown code trying to just exit without telling everything else to drop what they were doing. My bad. I didn't even anticipate people trying to stop the program running while doing things. Things will shutdown without errors now (No I didn't silence them). I can't grantee things will be nice though since you may be terminating while installing or downloading.

Also... AP can now track a few non typical terminations..
"Abnormal Exit Via Form's X Button."
"Abnormal Exit Via Operating System's Shutdown Demand."
"Abnormal Exit Via Task Manager's KILL."

I don't remember if there is a list of possible exit codes so here is one...

Standard exit codes"
-1 Exit via "Yikes!" crash handler
1 Successful exit - Exit from any window with an exit button
2 Abnormal exit - things could be incorrect somewhere if you terminate badly

Installed/Remove exit codes:
5 - reboot not required
10 - reboot required

<Click-Click> I tried a few different ways to replicate your issue and I can't seem to. :( Your right that it should NOT shift the window to the right. There is no code for shifting the form so I don't know why that is happening. There is only resize code. The window should stay locked at the top and from the left border while it is free to expand shrink the right and bottom borders.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

Did you try a different dpi?. If you run autopatcher without any switches, you get 2 ULA screens that are the same size, the third screen where you choose what you want to do is a totally different size. The screen after that is the same size as the 1st 2. Why is the choice screen a different size from the other screens?

It looks like the choice screen is not always using the same [form] settings as with the example above. If you start the choice screen directly using /nolicense, it uses the [form] settings in the .ini, but the screen after that has a different size. The forms change as follows in the .ini, so something in the code is no working for me. I can reproduce this on different systems.

Code: Select all

Choice screen FormWidth=11544 FormHeight=6708   (starting with /nolicense).
Update Screen FormWidth=15504 FormHeight=9744 (after exit).
Attachments
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Looking at your provided images I can tell there is something wrong right away. There is a break in the top of your screen where the blue area is two different sizes for both screens. That shouldn't be possible since that thing is one item that can not be two sizes.

Ohh your right the choice screen always uses minimum size. I thought it was silly to use all that damn space to show two tiny boxes in them. It just resizes the entire app down to minimum while remembering your previous size. Once you choose a size it goes back up to the previous size.
So, I just tried using /nolicense and its wonky. lmao. Will figure it out whats up now that its doing that.

edit:
So I was rather concerned about the top issue and I decided to switch to 125% dip. God... now my desktop is utterly trashed. On the other hand I now experience the tearing of the blue bar object. I have no idea what is causing that. As I said... its one object. I can't even understand why it is torn like that. As far as I can see the left side is the side that is pushed up for some reason. The right side is the proper width.

edit2:
well I figured it out. There is a tiny hidden img on the form. That was shrunk down to 1pixel width so I didn't even know it existed. Its the dark blue part of the bar. It layers over the main img which does not actually stretch the whole way. My resize code never resized that bar since... well I didn't know it existed and it doesn't seem to tear on 100% dpi. FIXED

edit3: The problem with the screen resizing weird when using /nolicense was due to the saving incorrect size when it goes to resize the form. It saved the size of the forum that was not fully sized yet and then put those values back. It will now default to sizes saved in the ini file (or a default value if no ini file yet) when you run with /nolicense. FIXED

Attached is the new exe. Give it a whirl.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

So far this version is looking better. One nit is the msg "Unofficial/Unsupported release" is difficult to read from where it appears.
AP.jpg
Please try and fix AP so that only the fixes that apply to that OS are shown. I still haven't figured out why you decided it was better to show everything that did not apply. Even though those entries are grayed out, it is very confusing to look at.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That is in the pipes. By default you are not to see them. It is an option in well options for some reason it is getting ignored. You are supposed to tick it if you want to see them.

As for the unsupported text... ya that goes on the same line as the bar. Probably the same issue with the deep blue img.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I got that unofficial text fixed, Hidden items not being hidden are now hidden, safer deletion of files(check if exist before delete attempt (programming 101). Will stop some rare errors), and a few small issues. A little bit more pounding with my fingers and I will have some more tiny bugs squashed. Also... once updates are downloaded you are taken back to the selection screen so you can choose to download more, Install updates, or quit.

I also need to remember to work on the switches for this AP. I think there are a few minor glitches here and there in there. I might set it up so you can run it in a similar fashion as how you can now with 'modes'
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New apup out. Its just some bug fixes.
it will report on the error "Failed to delete temp batch file! The batch file may still be running or you don't have rights to delete it."
I will add a 200ms wait before trying to delete the batch file. I do not know why this happens once in a while. Apup waits till it gets a process terminated signal before trying to delete the batch so this should not happen.
Added code in a few spots that would terminate going further if it reached an error processing external commands.
Fixed that long standing issue where the download bars would not stretch to the window size.
Fixed the text that didn't hide itself in the upper right hand corner.

Apup should look a bit more polished now. :)
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ViroMan --- The Autopatcher download in the top section of the forum works fine, however there is an issue updating in APUP.
Receive one or more files failed verification error, and to make matters worst there is no longer an APUP.exe (as the previous version is renamed)

log file attached
► Show Spoiler
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"