Changes made to stand_alone Parent module

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Changes made to stand_alone Parent module

Post by Whatacrock »

The stand_alone Parent module has been edited, and therefore all releases that utilize this apm have been updated. This includes Adobe AIR, Adobe Reader and MS Security enu releases.

You will need to update your apup/autopatcher by downloading the necessary releases..

Please note: This may be only used for a short period of time, as there are to be changes made with regards to the above mentioned releases. You will be notified when these changes are to occur..

Keep you posted.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Changes made to stand_alone Parent module

Post by Whatacrock »

MS Security enu release has been moved to AddOns as per suggestion by DesertJerry. Please refer to thread http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1079

UPDATE: Adobe AIR and Adobe Reader have now moved also. This now only leaves the stand_alone apm module which can be deleted by running sweeper to make autopatcher OFFICIAL.
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

I'm running into problems with both the Adobe selections and the Java selections.

I have a brand new empty directory. I run apup, select only the Adobe releases, download, when done, run Autopatcher, says release isn't official. I then run sweeper, it does its thing and then rerun Autopatcher which then says no packages in release...

If I repeat using a new directory and just select Java releases, same thing happens. Sweeper deletes everything that was just downloaded in an attempt to make the release official and autopatcher says there's nothing in the release.

all using latest apup (1.4.2) and latest AP (5.7.56)
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks older-than-dirt, In order to download the Adobe, Java and MS Security releases you need AddOns as a baseline release for the files etc to be in the appropriate places, I had not considered that there will be users who do have this.

I will look into creating a solution to this, some time will be required but am certain an agreeable solution can be found. Several notions are running in my thoughts as I type this, so will proceed to see what transpires. keep you posted..

UPDATE Have edited the scripts so that AddOns is NO LONGER required as a baseline before downloading any of the following releases:

Adobe AIR
Adobe Reader
MS Security
Java 7
Java 8

Tested this before posting and all run accordingly....

Please report if any issues arise.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Just ran APUP (02 Mar) and found nothing later than 26 Feb is listed in RED - based on previous comments I expected something with todays date to be listed somewhere in APUP. Also, would like to mention that the one RED item I have is Admin Tools ... All 26 Feb 2015 and despite my selecting and downloading it a least 5 times it keeps showing up as RED the next time I run APUP - something is amiss here. :roll:
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

As they were only edits of the scripts and no modules were changed there was no need to change dates it is deemed not necessary to change dates.

[strike]BTW will look into the issue with Admin Tools shortly.[/strike]

Admin Tools also a script edit plus update to releases.list, NO change of date.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I think updating the script date is generally a good idea :!: It sends a message to the user base to run the script, providing a mechanism to catch even small bugs that may have been missed - you never know what conflicts may be lurking out there, what combination of AP releases may not play well with each other.

My $0.02 :ugeek:
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

Whatacrock wrote:...
UPDATE Have edited the scripts so that AddOns is NO LONGER required as a baseline before downloading any of the following releases:

Adobe AIR
Adobe Reader
MS Security
Java 7
Java 8

Tested this before posting and all run accordingly....

Please report if any issues arise.
Thank you. Everything works as expected
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Our aim is to please