Forum Upgrade

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Forum Upgrade

Post by TheAPGuy »

The forum was upgraded. Some things may be a little different. Some styles had to be removed. 2 new styles were installed. I am preferable to the new Dark style. The post window has changed as well check it out. :)
ChrisJ

Re: Forum Upgrade

Post by ChrisJ »

The upgrade is nice.

The default style I guess is prosilver, the font (for me) was too large, I had to go down 1 size in FF. ProSilver is doable.

I looked at ProSilver SE, the working space narrowed significantly - leaving lots of space on the left and right side, seems wasted, maybe I missed a setting that would allow for making use of more of the screen space :?: I still like the option.

I too like black, really nice style, everyone should take it for a spin. The style uses nearly all the available screen space. The colors are ok on the eyes (for me), normally too much dark background with bright text annoys my eyes, so far so good. Reds still bother me, I will need to edit my sig :shock: Overall black is a nicely put together style, most of it really works IMO - I might keep it until my eyes need a change.

Nice job :ugeek:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Yes I noticed that about the SE version too and I might look at the styles files and see if I can figure out a way to tweak it or just dump it for some other styles. I planned to add more. I really did battle with myself on if I should just force the Black style as a default.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Editing Firefox's (37.0.2) settings to have pages use my fonts and not their own is one way of dealing with the issue. One drawback is all pages look the same text-wise but it's a small compromise IMO.

I don't know if I missed it before or what but some icons are missing - see attachment. Any ideas :?: I've reloaded the page, cleared cookies, nada is working.

I'll see what the other styles look like :?: :?: :?:

I removed image, see example.png below.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Sun May 10, 2015 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Attachments are missing? I see it just fine. :( Its in the full chat box right next to options.
► Show Spoiler
I don't know what you mean by including the spoil tags in your post. Its already in the chat box... look for the yellow ! in the triangle.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Are you drunk already APGuy, it's only 5:30 in the afternoon :)

I said icons are missing - see my attachment. All the small icons are absent.

I don't see the icon for spoiler in quick reply, you have to use full editor, again, that's what I was referring to.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ohh I don't remember quick reply ever having spoiler. I might be able to add it back it. Will have to do some homework

ohh... lol I looked at your image.
then I checked the forum main page. I see all the icons for me though. :( Try clearing your cache?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Here is what I see
Attachments
TheIcons.png
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:ohh I don't remember quick reply ever having spoiler. I might be able to add it back it. Will have to do some homework

ohh... lol I looked at your image.
then I checked the forum main page. I see all the icons for me though. :( Try clearing your cache?
I don't think quick reply did either, that's why I offered my $0.02 about spoiler :arrow: for those who might type it, like I do sometimes.

Anyway, the missing icons, atleast as far as Firefox is concerned, is caused by displying pages using Ffox's fonts versus allowing a page to load its own. I don't know why the use of fonts affects the icons but it does - in Firefox. I noticed this issue a few months ago when another site I visit upgraded the forum software and the problem revealed itself. I asked the admin and he had no idea why the icons were there before and now gone - it was the settings in Firefox :!: The old forum didn't react in the same way the new forum software did. I tested on their site too, verified the issue.
example.png