Old forum is ONLINE

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old forum is ONLINE

Post by TheAPGuy »

Old website's database was recovered by Paul Stenning and is now running on this server. To view the old site just point your browser to http://www.autopatcher.net/forums It has an "s" on the end where this forum does not. Account creation is disabled. Those of you without an account cannot create one. Those of you with accounts can login however, be aware that I will not be watching that forum. Anything you post in there will not be noticed.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Old forum is ONLINE

Post by Whatacrock »

Personally like to thank Paul Stenning for recovery of the the old site's database... THANK YOU
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

Is it possible (or even desireable) to make the "old" site read-only access? That way there's no confusion.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

older-than-dirt wrote:Is it possible (or even desireable) to make the "old" site read-only access? That way there's no confusion.
... You mean you want me to work!?
sigh... ya a few clicks ought ta do it.
undro

Post by undro »

Would be nice to import that into this forum (maybe as a readonly subforum initially as a safety measure, then merge after it checks okay?). Most people would probably not notice it like this, and it's a pity to lose all that info.

If it's IPB v2.3, there's a big thread with conversion scripts and discussion here, but I don't know what the pitfalls might be:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&t=576207