Looks Like Autopatcher.com SQL crashed.

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looks Like Autopatcher.com SQL crashed.

Post by TheAPGuy »

I am in agreement. That damn SQL server is still frozen. I will look around and see what kind of things I can get done with this forum.
Paul Stenning

Post by Paul Stenning »

Here you have current supported forum software on (hopefully) more up-to-date server/hosting that you have control over, so you should have more options.

If you have a relatively recent database backup from the old website it may be possible to retrieve some of the threads and posts from it - probably not as a direct import to this live site now, but imported into a test site and copied/pasted across.

Registration of the autopatcher.com domain expires in October so nearer the time it may be worth signing up for one of the services that tries to register domains the moment they become free.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I have a database backup and a forum backup. I did try to get that forum working here but, there are issues with it using the database. I duno what is wrong since the error msg is completely vague.

To see for yourself just go to www.autopatcher.net/forums It has an s on it where this forum does not.
Paul Stenning

Post by Paul Stenning »

Do you have the database server name, username, password and database name correct in the forum config file? The error suggests that one of those is wrong so it can't connect to the database.

I'd be happy to take a look at it for you if you want - no promises obviously.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

The host and log in credentials are correct since its what I use to administrate the SQL and I can logging with those settings. Something is wrong elsewhere either in the config file or in the database itself. Perhaps there is a reference to the old site somewhere.

edit:
Checked the database and found multiple references to .com and changed the important ones to .net and it made no difference. I am a bit miffed. Its possible that I uploaded the database using the wrong conversion so I will give it another go and then turn it over to you to play with.
MikakosaP

Tue Feb 18 2014 10 13 pm

Post by MikakosaP »

I really want to try UMS on my Synolgy NAS but finding it impossible to use as it doesnt have a web based console. Any ideas if there will be web console for NAS users?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

huh?