Apup is Discontinued

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Apup is Discontinued

Post by TheAPGuy »

As the subject heading says... Apup has been discontinued in favor of using Autopatcher to do your updating with.
The new version 6.1.20 is now up. It incorporates all of Apup's abilities and more. The new version is available via main list. So simply start up apup and select Autopatcher to download. Once its done, run Autopatcher to finish everything (it will auto remove obsolete files).
widhie75

Error in Autopatcher 6.1.20

Post by widhie75 »

I just update to v6.1.20, but then new Autopatcher can not run in my PC.
I still use Windows XP SP3.

Here is the error message:
What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was
Trying to get operating system specifics.

Where: APInitialize.PrimaryInit() At Line 122
Error Code: 0x4C: Path not found

Log error message:
Autopatcher v6.1.20 Has Started at 18 Okt 2014 9:37:15

Starting Autopatcher From F:\__Burning List\_CD 9\The Autopatcher Team\AutoPatcher

Error Detected: Path not found APInitialize.PrimaryInit() At Line 122

Is it Autopatcher 6.1.20 not compatible with Windows XP SP3?
If it so, How to restore it to previous version? ..... (it still left file 'AutoPatcher.exe.old', can I just rename it?)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apup is Discontinued

Post by TheAPGuy »

No AP is most definitely compatible with XP. Its odd that your getting path not found though.
<looks at code>
hmm... might be complaining about looking for syswow64 dir. Yes it probably is. damn it... I should have done a check instead of GetFolder. I forget that not everyone is using an x64 system yet.

Posting new version in a min.

btw yes. Autopatcher.exe.old is the last autopatcher but, its likely to be the much older version that can only install updates not download.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ok new one is up. Since you cant start AP to do the download... use this link to get only the exe.

http://www.autopatcher.net/apengine/Aut ... 21_exe.zip
widhie75

Post by widhie75 »

wow great Viroman...

Now AutoPatcher 6.1.21 works fine in my Windows XP SP3
Thanks again for fastttt revision.

two thumbs up!
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

no problem. Happy to help.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Downloaded the new autopatcher, went to download updates and noticed the form changed to a much larger size, I needed to drag it up the screen to access the radio buttons.

Tried editing the autopatcher ini file, selected down updates and sure enough it resized it self once more.. Just wondering if the form size is correct ???
FormWidth=18360
FormHeight=14715
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

There is a resize between the choice screen and the next screen. It shrinks down to absolute min size to show the choice screen and then it resizes back up to what it was before.

The really high numbers you see are in twips instead of the standard pixel. VB6 can supposedly use both but, when ever I tell it to use pixel it defaults back to twips. It is irritating to say the least since the numbers are absurdly high and its difficult to make manual adjustments with.

btw... was it too large to start with? Err I mean... without an ini when you start it, is it too large? I can lower the default size if need be.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

What option do you use to make AP point to a different releases.list in a cmd file? Previously APUP used /LISTFILE:

Also got these errors:
► Show Spoiler
Above error with /test
► Show Spoiler
Above error trying /no_wmi_detect
► Show Spoiler
Above error happens if you start the GUI maximized.
► Show Spoiler
Above error when I tried the about screen which I had to maximize because no buttons being shown to continue.

If you start AP with a batch file from a cmd prompt and you later close the GUI, autopatcher.exe process does not close and return control to the cmd window. This also applies to shortcuts and the run-box - the process does not close itself.

Also, I don't see a confirmation prompt when deleting files. It would be nice to see what is being deleted. With this version, does /Test prompt or show a list of files to be deleted?

Personally, I do not like the grayed-out items being displayed. IMHO it has no value being displayed if the update does not apply to the OS. .It is confusing (take a look at dotNET for XP). It would be nice to have a cmd-line option to suppress items that do not apply to the OS.

I can't get GUI resizing to remember size and position across the different displays.

Autopatcher Download thread redirects to APUP_1_4_38.zip
I'm not young enough to know everything
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I can't seem to replicate any of your errors. :( Although I can not even get my XP mode to even start so I can try it there either. (some days I can get it to work... others not.)

also...
Error Detected: File not found Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 142
The error code lines don't go that far... they stop at 122 so I have no idea how it threw out 142
Also, I don't see a confirmation prompt when deleting files
Do you mean when it is removing apup files? I didn't consider adding a prompt. You think there should be?
Personally, I do not like the grayed-out items being displayed. IMHO it has no value being displayed if the update does not apply to the OS. .It is confusing (take a look at dotNET for XP). It would be nice to have a cmd-line option to suppress items that do not apply to the OS.
There is an option for that. You are not supposed to see the greyed out items. Although it seems that is broken and showing them to you anyways. Must have been when I updated the code all over the place due to weird (true/false != 1/0) issues.
I can't get GUI resizing to remember size and position across the different displays.
When you drag AP to a different screen the size changes? Does it always change to the same size?
Autopatcher Download thread redirects to APUP_1_4_38.zip
Doh... totally forgot about that.