Reverting back to black

Windows 8 And All Its Sub Releases. Both (x86) And (x64)
DesertJerry

Reverting back to black

Post by DesertJerry »

APUP v1.4.43

No longer running Windows 8.1 - it has been updated to Win10.

When I run APUP I still get the red listing for Win8.1 64bit updates - what do I delete/change so that the Win8.1 listing reverts back to black and I can ignore it? :D

Thanks for the fix - in advance.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Reverting back to black

Post by TheAPGuy »

I think I am misunderstanding. You are saying you updated to windows 10 but, APUP is showing you as 8.1?
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

No - I updated 8.1 to 10 and I no longer need the 8.1 downloads; when I run APUP the 8.1 listing is shown in red (because I had previously downloaded 8.1 stuff) - so the question is: how to revert 8.1 listing in APUP from red back to black (which indicates I have not downloaded stuff).

If I run APUP now I have two items in red, indicating I need to download something new because something has been updated, I have five items in black because I had not previously downloaded anything using that selection (in my case Win8.1 x64 is red and Win8.1 x86 is black - corresponding to selections I've made in the past).

I also have 12 items in blue - indicating previously selected downloads that are up to date as far as downloads are concerned.

So, in the AutoPatcher folder - which file(s)/folder(s) relating to Win8.1 x64 can be deleted so that the next time I run APUP "AutoPatcher for Windows 8.1 (x64)" is shown in black (as if I had never selected Win8.1 x64 in the past)?

I hope that's clear.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@DesertJerry --- I see what you need to achieve, you want to remove the Windows 8.1 x64 release from your APUP.

You will find the files and folders in modules, the required removals will be "windows_eight_1_x64.apm" and directory titled "Windows_Eight_1_x64".
Also need to remove "eight_1_x64.rtiz" from the root (APUP Home directory)
There is an alternative to removing the directory and file, thus keeping them in place, that is to remove "eight_1_x64.rtiz" from the root directory.
This will have the desired effect also.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

What WAC said. ALSO if you delete the RTIZ and then run sweeper... it will remove the files for you.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

OK - thanks for the info - did as instructed - listing went from red to black.