Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

Glad to be of help. Technically speaking you wouldn't have to re-register them since the application takes care of that (when it works as it should). I do not know what caused your initial problem but, I am glad it was resolved.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Tested the latest BETA posted here http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic. ... =277#p1349 and it appears that something has broken in the changes made.

Tested by downloading the releases that I'm testing this with starting with the Common Modules, the problem being that every attempt results in a verification error in one or more files and upon restarting requires re-downloading the release. Checking the release information status of releases is true but Autopatcher BETA states UNOFFICIAL.

Added a full log to verify the results
► Show Spoiler
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

crap. Well the unreleased version does have several unfinished changes in how it loads/checks modules. I thought I reverted them all back to compile this release. I didn't even think to try it out other then to test that it compiled and started up with no errors.

derp.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

When do we get a new test build to play around with?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well I mostly stopped working on the VB code and started throwing my weight around in the C++ code. Re-dong the most of the damn thing from ground up. Since when I converted code from VB6 to C++ a long time ago it still kept the odd idiosyncrasies of the VB6 coding and the other programmers in it. I had to create functions that emulated VB6 functions and so on so that I didn't have to redo large swaths of code. There was so much to redo that it would have been a long time slaving at unraveling all the odd ways into current industry standards.

I tried converting to .NET code only, it caused a ton of headache. You have to convert the code from VB6 to VB8, then to VB10, then VB12, and THEN to .NET. With each conversion, the conversion tools threw out tons of errors and issues that I resolved. I gave up in the conversion to VB12. It was pages. Also each time I resolved issues(to the point of getting it to compile past that issue) it drastically changed the way parts of the program would process things and due to functions no longer being available or the outputs of new functions thrown in by the converter tools changed things and so on.

Seriously... once I get the C++ code working... I can do so much more with this, so much easier and faster. VB6 makes me feel like I am in a jungle with a two inch hand knife hacking a path. I see the temple ahead of me its just trying to get there that is the pain. C++ is my light saber.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Keep up the great work. Love this program and hope you add Windows 9 to it too. Thanks alot for your hard work.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ok, found the bug. It was in the MD5 checking function. A simple bool check in the if statement was checking if a variable existed instead of checking if the variable held 0. Silly things that look right on a quick read but, IT'S WRONG!

http://www.autopatcher.net/apengine/Aut ... v6_1_13.7z

Test release list updated with AP 6.1.13. Just as it says... it will cause issues with prev versions of AP before V6.1. So as recommended create empty directory and place apup in it. Use apup to download AP 6.1.13 by pointing the URL in options to http://www.autopatcher.net/releases2.list
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

I get this error when I run the latest beta version.
Error.jpg
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Parkd1: I tried a few things to replicate it but, I just can't get it. Is there anything in the log? If your running /verbose... use /debug. It could tell me almost exactly where the fault happened. Also.. are you using command lines or even the command line file input? Anything you got can help.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Here you go.
► Show Spoiler
autopatcher.log
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 427 times