Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm the log doesn't match up with the screen. It shouldn't download the list unless you click the left button to download updates or you changed something in options.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Hope you can find out why.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well I blew the dust off of my Virtual XP and it didn't give me any problems at all using the new AP. :(
I also tried flushing out the ocx and old dll files and still ran perfect. I have one more idea to look into though.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Try this one. This is a guess fix. I have followed the code while it ran all the way to that point and I just don't see what could cause it to skip to downloading strait away. Then again as I have said before there is a lot of "spaghetti code" in here that leaps all over the place to do simple things. One of the main reasons to get the C++ code going. Anyways the guess fix/patch is to detecting what screen we are on. Have added a check to make sure we are on the "update screen" before we run the code to download the list. Not a fix so much as a patch.
www.autopatcher.net/apengine/AutoPatcher-v6_1_14.7z
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

I got rid of every in the folder but modules folder. It did not give me the error but it did nopt see that I have anythiny installd. Every thing was checked like a fresh install. I will give the new version a try.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Ok I got the runtime error again and the time only deleted the Autopatcher Congif file and the error want away. Think it might have something to do with that file.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... While I was looking for the problem I fixed a few small irritants.
Version 6.1.15:
- Finds and Displays the sysWOW64 path. (I swear I had it doing that before)
- Uses the sysWOW64 when trying to copy needed files instead of relying on windows API which sometimes reports system32 instead.
- Removed 4 lines of Debug log txt not needed anymore.
- Fixed detection of windows suit types. It stopped detecting these a few versions ago but, we don't care about it in the script so I didn't bother fixing it. Its fixed now but, most of you won't notice a difference unless you have a special type of windows install. You might see things like "STARTER", "BUSINESS", "ULTIMATE", "ULTIMATEN" (yes there is a difference) Even if you have an ultimate edition of windows 7 it may not display as such if windows doesn't have it toggled on in the registry. Mine doesn't for example. You will still see it in the full os name like so... " Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 " but if it was detected you would see this... " Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 ULTIMATE"

BTW this zip is just the EXE not the full thing. Just place it over the other test file.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

How do you get Autopatcher to show what is installed the color blue?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Download a release that applies to your system, maybe 7x64, select a few updates to install (in black), you may need to reboot. Upon reboot and firing up AutoPatcher the selected update should be blue??? If not, check installed updates in Control Panel - is it listed? Search for a log file with the update #, any messages that the update failed? The reason you don't see it in blue is the detection might need adjusting. The thing to do at this point is to be specific, what updates have you selected that are not showing up installed in AutoPatcher, are they showing up in Control Panel?

If AutoPatcher is still using apm files, open one up (notepad, notepad++) that is associated with the update you want to install, you should see various detections, registry, a dll, etc, if these settings are not confirmed the update will stay black - compare this with your system?

I'm not sure but maybe there's a switch that supresses already installed updates, don't use it?

Also, I wouldn't keep trying to install an update, if it fails the first time try to determine the reason, fix it and then try again.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

This happen after I deleted everything but the modules folder.