Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

its different. We use curl to do all of our downloads at the moment. The current version of curl which is a few versions old does not support SSL. The next version of AP I put out will have the newer curl which does support SSL.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I was trying to get the next version out before Christmas ended. Did. Not. Happen.

I was going through the code and got fed up with the old code. Recreating entire functions to be simpler and more modular. This will make file checking actually faster a tiny bit.

I will put out a new version of apup shortly (within minutes) with the only change being a new curl. Wac: you will have to modify the scripts that need to to say the new lowest version (as in the ones that need SSL).
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New version of APUP release. It took longer because I actually modified apup in a few places.

Logging changed slightly. Removed a superfluous line when adding files to download.
is missing or its parts are not completely downloaded. Adding whole download for this item to the queue.
This should make reading log files a bit more enjoyable.
Some tweaks to error reporting. Just removed a bit of text so it actually won't make any difference for you the user.
Added an error check in executing files. Checks if the batch file was actually created before running it. <-- it should never trigger this since you should have gotten an OS error if it doesn't exist but, can't be too careful.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ViroMan -- so far only the Admin Tools package will require the new version of curl..

Noticed that the releases list displays the new APUP but get a error when attempting to download...
APUP Failed To Download http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/ape ... _42.script
Return code: 22. Description: HTTP file not retrieved. The requested url was not found or returned another error with the HTTP error code being 400 or above.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

woops, copy paste error. Left it pointing to releases folder instead of /apengine, Fixed.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Ran APUP - downloaded latest - 1.4.42 - runs OK but did not check further as all items of possible interest listed in blue so nothing new available. :D
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have commenced some testing with the latest curl and found that utilizing curl 7.39.0.0 is more complex than first appeared. Keep receiving an error from curl
Return code: 60. Description: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.
this is an internal curl generated error so we need to find a method to either search the system for a Certificate or download one from the Developers website.. This I am currently looking into and further reading on the subject is required. More to come ....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm strange. I know I used that curl version to download that ssl link you gave.
edit ohh.. I missed a command. I could add -k
-k, --insecure

(SSL) This option explicitly allows curl to perform "insecure" SSL connections and transfers. All SSL connections are attempted to be made secure by using the CA certificate bundle installed by default. This makes all connections considered "insecure" fail unless -k, --insecure is used.
This is what I used to make curl work on all SSL connections. Problem is ... well its "insecure".
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I finally got around to adding something some of you wanted. ISO generation. :) Still testing it and refining how the interface will look. Its rather drab looking now. It will use mkisofs to generate an ISO or burn to DVD. I may allow its command line to display to the user during its running so you can see any errors that pop up since I would rather not tap into its txt output and parse for things since I don't know what it would say on errors.
Galane

Post by Galane »

Version 6 1.2.1 is still wanting to download APUP and the old 5.x version of Autopatcher.