Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by ChrisJ »

Galane wrote:Version 6 1.2.1 is still wanting to download APUP and the old 5.x version of Autopatcher.
It will download whatever release box you check, uncheck APUP & AutoPatcher Engine if you don't want to overwrite your existing AP version and revert back - definately while testing AP v.6x beta this is a good habit :D

The smart thing to do is have 2 separate folders, one for the stable APUP 1442 & AP 5756 setup, and a separate folder (if you so desire to test) for AP v6x, which is still considered beta. I would use the 1442/5756 combo on all systems unless you can afford to run beta software and any risks that may arise, though slight I believe, but some bugs still exist with AP v6x.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Version 6 1.2.1 is still wanting to download APUP and the old 5.x version of Autopatcher.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SELECT THE APUP OR AUTOPATCHER ENGINE IF YOU ARE RUNNING THE BETA VERSION
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I could hide the two entries regarding the older versions however, you have that option if you don't like the beta to download the stable versions.
ChrisJ

Re: Run-time error '91'

Post by ChrisJ »

I stumbled upon this error when experimenting with the answer file, using an experimental setup, everything but the rti & exe files. I thought my experimental setup might be the cause, having no rti or exe files was confusing AP, no, the error occurs when using an official release too - see Spoiler.

The error occurs when you uncheck a category using the parent selection box, in this case Windows Addons. Clicking Windows Addons will check (select) all updates in the category without issue. The problem arises when unchecking all updates in a single-click using the parent check box. You can check and uncheck every update one at a time without issue, you can select a whole category using the parent check box, but - clicking the parent to uncheck all updates selected gives off the run-time 91 error.

AP 5756 does not have this issue, AP 6119, 6121, & 6122 all produce the runtime error. There is no recovery from error '91', clicking OK or the red X closes AP.

Removed image.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Mon May 11, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

ChrisJ wrote:I stumbled upon this error when experimenting with the answer file, using an experimental setup, everything but the rti & exe files. I thought my experimental setup might be the cause, having no rti or exe files was confusing AP, no, the error occurs when using an official release too - see Spoiler.

The error occurs when you uncheck a category using the parent selection box, in this case Windows Addons. Clicking Windows Addons will check (select) all updates in the category without issue. The problem arises when unchecking all updates in a single-click using the parent check box. You can check and uncheck every update one at a time without issue, you can select a whole category using the parent check box, but - clicking the parent to uncheck all updates selected gives off the run-time 91 error.

AP 5756 does not have this issue, AP 6119, 6121, & 6122 all produce the runtime error. There is no recovery from error '91', clicking OK or the red X closes AP.
► Show Spoiler
Ok I have 6123. Do you have that version and does it have that error too? Just wondering is all?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:Ok I have 6123. Do you have that version and does it have that error too? Just wondering is all?
No, I don't have 6123, 6122 is the most recent I have to test - can you point me to the post where the link for 6123 was given?

Does 6123 produce error '91' for you? I'm not sure I was clear how to reproduce it, bugs may not appear if something is done slightly different...
...I start AP 6x normally, no switches, accept both EULAs, click install updates. When presented with the 'list of available items' you may need to click once the parent selection box to select all available updates. Clicking the parent selection box a second time to uncheck (unselect) all updates is when run-time error '91' occurs for me.

In my example Windows Addons is the parent. It might be different if there is a child subcategory, but I only have this particular release with only a parent and no child subcategory. Who knows, this is a bug that may only appear under specific conditions, even my test bed has only parents, no children, in this example Common Files - see Spoiler. Later I'll throw the XP Tweaks in my testing setup and edit the apm files so it will work on my Win8x64 laptop, there are child categories in XP Tweaks...

Removed image.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Mon May 11, 2015 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

@ViroMan Did you take down version 6.1.23 beta? ChrisJ would like to get version 6.1.23 and give it a test spin to see if there is any bug he can find with so you can fix them. So far it work good for me.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ChrisJ, check your PM..

Thanks parkd1, taken care of this one..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

OK, I wont bother with another pic but nothing has changed, even with ap6123 - still getting runtime error 91.

The only minor difference with having a subcategory, say \Registry Tweaks\Speed... you can check & uncheck all updates in the \Speed subcategory without issue but, clicking the \Registry Tweaks parent to uncheck (unselect) all updates still errors out for me!!! I forgot to mention that #AP_Temp# gets left behind too when the error occurs.

It's worth mentioning again that ap5756 does not throw-up :( error 91 on my laptop (Win8.1x64)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

[strike]Chris, is there anything interesting in the log other then the same error?[/strike]
I see where the error is generated and it was a simple fix. It is checking if the node has a parent grayed out. Since the root of the tree doesn't have a parent it failed.

The function that failed propagates changes down the tree line. If a branch is checked it checks all the sub items. If the branch is grayed out.. all sub items will be grayed out.