Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by Whatacrock »

Did my own testing on the BETA, didn't receive a runtime error but did notice that instead of a tick in the parent selection box found a square. The only way to clear this was to individually deselect each update until now selected..
Screen shot attached..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:I see where the error is generated and it was a simple fix. It is checking if the node has a parent grayed out. Since the root of the tree doesn't have a parent it failed.

The function that failed propagates changes down the tree line. If a branch is checked it checks all the sub items. If the branch is grayed out.. all sub items will be grayed out.
You may have nailed that bug - cool. I'm not sure if this would affect something else I found... I used 2 updates per Registry Tweak category (8 total), and I edited 2 updates so they would get grayed out. Issue -- when I click \Registry Tweaks parent check box only the first 2 subcategories are correctly checked, the last 2 are ignored outright. See pic in Spoiler in my next post.

Also, I was attempting to move AP up a bit and by accident I clicked the AP logo near "AutoPatcher" - a rectangle appeared. If you click once and hold you'll see what I mean - the rectangle can move around. AP 6119 - 6122 aren't affected, only 6123 seems to do this. See pic in Spoiler in my next post.

There's been no mention of any errors when using standard or verbose logging otherwise I would have posted one :)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:Did my own testing on the BETA, didn't receive a runtime error but did notice that instead of a tick in the parent selection box found a square. The only way to clear this was to individually deselect each update until now selected..
Screen shot attached..
When some but not all updates in a category are selected - you'll see a box, otherwise, when all updates are selected you'll see a checkmark. This might be why you aren't getting the error, I don't either because I can't uncheck using a single click when grayed out items are listed in the category. The test needs to be exactly the same as mine - 1 parent, no children (no subcategories), all updates available for installation, no grayed out items! If you can click the parent once to check-all, and then once again click the same parent to uncheck-all, without issue, no error 91, this I would say is a success.

See the pic in Spoiler - \Registry Tweaks versus \Stand_Alone demonstrates the concept pretty good.

BTW, to uncheck whole categories when clicking the box doesn't work - right-click parent, select Unmark. Unless something has changed, Ctrl-A will CHECK ALL updates listed in AP -- Ctrl-D or Ctrl-N will UNCHECK ALL updates.

One thing that was strange with your pic was the behaviour of the list regarding installed and uninstalled items. It used to be IIRC that blue items checked would be removed - your pic has all items, black & blue, selected for installation? Now, I guess, to uninstall them you need to right-click (for me left-click) and Mark for Removal or Uninstallation - a red X will appear. You can remove the red X by clicking the red X.

Removed image.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Mon May 11, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

ChrisJ --- followed your procedure and experienced a failure. Clicking the parent to check all worked fine but however clicking again to uncheck all failed, only way to clear was to right click and select Unmark (this works)

Something doesn't add up though, when you right click the parent and select Mark for Installation, should it only check updates which are not installed, when I do this all are checked except of course grayed out items ??
Now, I guess, to uninstall them you need to right-click (for me left-click) and Mark for Removal or Uninstallation - a red X will appear. You can remove the red X by clicking the red X.
--- this works as stated.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Is there a timeline for the next beta version to come out? Thanks
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I think I am close at the moment. Just the 'curl' issue to sort out and then figure out why installations are not running. Probably related to each other in how AP is making external application calls. They are difference since VB.NET auto conversion changed a ton of things around.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:Is there a timeline for the next beta version to come out? Thanks
Beta, we don't need no stinkin' beta - I've been waiting since 2011? or so, when the source was handed over, for sompin' specticular :P
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ouch. Stab to the heart. I'm working on it. :P

val__

Post by val__ »

Where did XP SP3 go? Missing from both releases. :roll:
xp_sp2.png

And what will happen if I check APUP 1.4.43 and Autopatcher engine in Beta v6.1.21? Will it downgrade to stable release?
Btw, while I'm at it, does blue items means there are no updates yet (like I have last version of windows updates)?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

val__ wrote:Where did XP SP3 go? Missing from both releases. :roll:

And what will happen if I check APUP 1.4.43 and Autopatcher engine in Beta v6.1.21? Will it downgrade to stable release?
Btw, while I'm at it, does blue items means there are no updates yet (like I have last version of windows updates)?
... use http://www.autopatcher.net/releases2.list, simply add a 2 - see Options. Hit Default to change it back to releases.list.

... Yes, the AP5756 script will downgrade AP6121Beta to v5756 stable. AP5756 & APUP 1443 work fine in the same folder, APUP with newer (beta) AP 6x versions had some issues, seems the folder scheme and files present had changed, made the pair incompatable. AP 6x has APUP code added so you don't need APUP with AP 6x. IMO, AP5756 & APUP1443 should be your stable setup, AP 6x should be separate and considered a test suite, again IMO :D

... Blue is latest release (you're up-to-date), Red is (behind, you need to update release), Black is not downloaded to your release package yet.