Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
val__

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by val__ »

Error Detected: A form can't be moved or sized while minimized or maximized in GeneralFunctions.ShowScreen At Line 126
^^ I see this very often. Can't make it happen on purpose. :|

There's some weird updates showing in autopatcher as not installed in my Win7 x64 sp1, but I checked Windows update history: I have KB3035131, KB3031432 installed.
Both are from 2015 february ... march. Could be more.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Just remember the colors in apup represent quick checks. They are just a 1 second check against the rti(z) file and nothing else. If you feel something might have changed you can run sweeper.

Val_ When that happens show me the full log so I can see what happened. What version of AP? That error used to happen when I tried to set the size of the form before it was shown.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

val__ wrote:Error Detected: A form can't be moved or sized while minimized or maximized in GeneralFunctions.ShowScreen At Line 126
^^ I see this very often. Can't make it happen on purpose. :|
... I get tha same error with AP6121. It appears to happen after you maximize the window, whatever you do next, check license agreement then Next, click Options, Release Info, the error pops up. Quit then restart is the only way to recover as far as I can tell.

If you reduce the window back to the previous size then move forward no error occurs. It looks like the error occurs because of a resizing bug, the ini is not updated or something so AP gets confused with its new size.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ChrisJ on Fri May 01, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:Val_ When that happens show me the full log so I can see what happened. What version of AP? That error used to happen when I tried to set the size of the form before it was shown.
From the pic in Val's previous post it looks like AP6121 as well. This issue is not new, I've encountered it many times, it migth be code from a previous version of AP6x. I thought I mentioned it or maybe another member did but it is not a new bug.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm I thought I fixed that bug since I didn't hear anything else about it. :(
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:hmm I thought I fixed that bug since I didn't hear anything else about it. :(
You might have in AP6123 Beta :!: but others still exist.

I found ap6123.zip again which is ap.exe only, extracted it to my test folder, renamed it ap6123.exe so it could co-exist with the other betas. I maximized, minimized, clicked all over and could not reproduce the error :arrow: Error Detected: A form can't be moved or sized while minimized or maximized in GeneralFunctions.ShowScreen At Line 126

I ran AP6123 with no switchs and with /nolicense /verbose - as far as this particular error is concerned it appears to be fixed. I only have the old XP Tweaks & an Official but dated (Jan 2014) Redistributables package in .\modules.

There still exists the strange issue with the logo, click it once and hold down the mouse - a rectangle appears - see here - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47&start=180#p2798

a few other issues I will report later after I experiment a bit more.
val__

Post by val__ »

one way to get the error message shown in 6.1.0.21
run program - accept both licences - about - force language - cancel.

Other one occured while installing 1st of 2 office 2003 updates.
► Show Spoiler
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

The part about the dragging image was fixed in 6.1.24. <- unreleased as of yet. This was when I added the some of the CD burn code and then promptly transitioned to VB.net
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

A few things I noticed with AP6123B

I have XP Tweaks & MS Redistributables (Jan 2014), both Official in .\modules

Depending on which list I select releases not on that list wont appear as found in the log. When I select main list, AP5756 & MS Reditributables show as outdated, no mention of XP Tweaks from list2. When list2 is selected AP6113 & XP Tweaks are found, no mention of the Redistributables.

I started AP6123, selected Download, list2 loaded as it was the last list I selected. I hit Options, Default, and loaded main list. I hit Next to verify releases, then clicked Exit.

Here's the standard log:
► Show Spoiler
Here's the verbose log:
► Show Spoiler
You can see the main list ignores XP Tweaks, list2 ignores MS Redistributables :?:

Also, regarding the verbose log, can you elaborate on the 2 red bolded lines? How can I know if any files needed copying or deleting - if so, what files, would they have been printed to the log, at least the verbose log?

:mrgreen:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Trying To Copy Files.
copy the ocx files to system32 or wow64
richtx32
mscomctl
comctl32
comdlg32
It doesn't actually do it if they already exist. Where it says that is the start of the function to do so. It will always attempt to register them though since there is no possible way to know if they were registered or not except to create an entry in registry. Or now that I think of it... maybe an entry in the ini file.
checking for and removing obsolete files...
apup.exe
apup.ini
apup.log
apup.exe.old
Sweeper-b.exe
The new AP doesn't play well with the apup and sweeper beta was no longer needed. Having apup in the same directory as AP now that it can do everything except sweep (yet) was redundant and apup could overwrite AP (well AP could overwrite AP as well but, you get the point) . If you rename apup.exe to something else this won't be triggered and the other files on the delete list will be left alone.

I will look into the list issue tomorrow.