Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok so I lied... but, not on purpose. I got stuck with 4 hours overtime today so nothing got done.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:ok so I lied... but, not on purpose. I got stuck with 4 hours overtime today so nothing got done.
Stuff happens :!:

This might be a good time to make a few suggestions, one I already made IIRC :idea:

... Move the EULA checkbox to the bottom right, above Next rather than the opposite side of the frame, forcing you to move across the gui to find the button you're after. Starting AP with /nolicense eliminates this issue but it's simply bad layout and should be made a bit easier to navigate. In this case fullscreen on a large monitor makes this really noticable. The checkbox is on the far left side, Next, all the way on the opposite side of the frame - dumb.

... Please do away with the reduced Download/Install frame (I never understood the logic behind this frame's behaviour), the way it shrinks down and essentially moves the selections away from the mouse pointer, again forcing you to chase the gui is poor design - IMO. Allow this frame to remain sized the same as the rest of the frames. The frame behaves like a popup dialog :arrow: but it isn't. Maybe less annoying would be if the frame was centered instead of keeping the upper-left position. The only time things stay put is if you start AP fullscreen.

... Add a Release List button to the Updates Installation frame. You may want to go back to the releases.list after viewing your releases, as far as I can tell you have to close then reopen AP to get to the list. It might be nice to exit the installation frame and reload the releases list by simply clicking a button. If any updates are checked for installation maybe the list button would get grayed-out as a protective measure, otherwise you could have a look at your existing releases and easily get back to the list to either update a release or add something new - without having to exit then restart. If I'm missing an easy way to get back to the list please let me know.

:mrgreen:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

• Check boxes now Right justified
  • shrink code commented out for selection frame
  • Fixed download total progress bar not working... AGAIN. Must have lost it in a revert or something.
I will think about what to do for adding another button probably labeled back since there will (eventually) be 3 total option, Update, Install, and Make/Burn ISO.
Brief look around and don't see an issue about the different list outputs more detailed examination tomorrow probably.
I will comment out the ISO code since I have not finished it and tested it a whole lot and then release the update.

give it a shot.
[REMOVED]
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have tested Autopatcher v6_1_24 and a major flaw..

Started Autopatcher to download releases, ran normally for first run, once downloaded selected proceeded by selecting another release to download, this time download count went to 2, however it did not proceed to the download page but remained on the front page whilst redownloading the previously selected release. This shouldn't happen....
Once the first download completes it switches to the download page to process the second release and now errors start popping up, log file attached..

I did this way as if I was testing the integrity of an updated release, other wise would select multiple releases.
► Show Spoiler
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

darn this is from the started code of moving to the new download functions. I will see for a quick revert of that area of code.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

damn had my internet connection died on me that night. Comcast!!! took them till the next day to restore it. Then yesterday I was going to post the results only to find another rare bug.
  • Fixed that issue.
  • Fixed an issue where if certain unnamed conditions were met would cause an error.
  • Fixed and issue where if you downloaded something... and then before closing the program went back to download something else... it would freak out in the hashing faze since I forgot to clear out the max value in the bar.
Ok try this.
http://autopatcher.net/apengine/AutoPatcher-v6_1_25.zip
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:damn had my internet connection died on me that night. Comcast!!! took them till the next day to restore it. Then yesterday I was going to post the results only to find another rare bug.
  • Fixed that issue.
  • Fixed an issue where if certain unnamed conditions were met would cause an error.
  • Fixed and issue where if you downloaded something... and then before closing the program went back to download something else... it would freak out in the hashing faze since I forgot to clear out the max value in the bar.
Don't know what issues 1 & 2 were so I can't address if fixed or not :?:

If 3 was what Wac mentioned (I also encountered the bug), it appears fixed. Now I can download a script, adding the release to .\modules, after Dload finishes and back at the DU/IU screen click DU again - no issue, works normally - simply loads the list. I like that the script downloaded before is not checked when you go back to the list a second time. Also, creating a usable 2nd run log was messy before with this issue, it appears a 2nd run log is doable again, clean with the message Files to Dload = 0. Hopefully someone can test on a larger script, I tested with XP Tweaks.

:!: A few issues with AP6125, they were in AP6124 too.

1. The EULA text on the right is nice but it seems the ability to click the text to select the checkbox is gone. It's only a text control now, no longer part of the checkbox control - boohoo.

2. The DU/IU screen doesn't want to save a frame resizing (drag a little wider & taller), any subsequent screen (About, IU, ...) use the size the DU/IU screen opened with. I did not test full screen though :?: EULA1 can be resized, all subsequent screens are resized too. As far as I can tell, any screen can be resized, the settings are remembered - except when done from DU/IU.

3. AP 6124 & 6125 won't always recognize installed packages (blue or red) when the list is loaded, sometimes from the list I need to click Next (0 items checked), then reload the list - a little jump and wah-lah, items change color - usually.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Turns out 1 and 3 were the same. I will refrain from describing number 2 more then just saying it was possible to cause serious issues by deleting more then the intended files.

Yes for the check box text. Right justifying the check box actually made the check-box move and the text stay where it was. lol not helpful so I created a text box that follows the check box. I forgot to have the txt box toggle the check box though will fix that.

Silly me on the frame resizing. My quick dirty fix to your request was to comment out part of the code that handled the resize altering when on that screen. Will alter it instead.
3. AP 6124 & 6125 won't always recognize installed packages (blue or red) when the list is loaded, sometimes from the list I need to click Next (0 items checked), then reload the list - a little jump and wah-lah, items change color - usually.
"won't always"? So its intermittent?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ok so I have a newer version
  • Fixed text box tied to the check boxes able to toggle now.
  • Fixed the DU/IU screen not saving size.
  • Added a app menu at the top of AP. It works. It will allow me to remove the buttons that are eating space at the bottom. (not removed yet) Will allow me to add the back button. I could even add the option to select Update/Install/ISO Burn from up there instead of that selection window. Thoughts on it?
[removed the silly thing]

edit: bugger. noticed a bug. Download list stopped updating the colors if you change options while the list is shown. Fixed it but, its not quite worth it to post the change unless I group it with another fix/change.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Tested autopatcher 6_1_26, and it now downloads releases normally. I did notice one thing though. When the page changes to checking the MD5's the box was filled with color. Image attached. Now sure if this supposed to happen ??
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"