Autopatcher v6 Blog

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6 Blog

Post by TheAPGuy »

Alright got AC working 2 days ago. Now its my weekend. Gana kick the project into overdrive.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well downloading somewhat works.
Known remaining download issues
  • Need to get the queuing to work properly (on error retry at end). It likes to loop download failed downloads (not removing them after it failed second time).
  • Error handling. Not 100% sure it is working right. I tossed some manually generated errors at it and it seemed to work but, we will see when it goes beta.
  • 0 sized files on fail. What the heck MS? There doesn't seem to be any way to stop it from doing that. Probably going to have to manually delete failed downloads.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I am just going to leave this here...
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I been doing a ton of work. Ripping out all the old "onerror go here" error code and replacing with try catch code. So much fun. SO. MUCH. FUN. However it saves a hundreds of lines since I offload the exception to another function that handles it.
I also found out there is a lot of work to get the frames to display to people properly. Since we switched from twip to pixel stuff does NOT display properly and in fact wants to display off screen. If you had a second monitor that would have been fine. I am probably 1/3 way there on readjusting all the math for the resize code for each frame.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Just to let you guys know... I have lost something important to us. The .net code. IT IS FRIGGING MISSING! I can't find it anywhere. I have been off and on looking through all my backups but, hope is dwindling. I am pretty sure I did not delete it, yet it seems to be gone. :(
I am NOT going to go through the .net hell again if I can not find it. I will just skip right to C++ coding.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I been quiet on the updating front due to changing over the code to... dun dun dun... C++. Making progress and going to be first making a few tools for WAC to help him do his job with less time spent doing it. :) Making the tools for him is an important first step since... keeping WAC happy keeps this project going. :)
All the tools that he would use are also parts of code found in AP. So making tools also helps make AP. yaye.

The C++ code will not be completely portable standard C++ since I will use Embarcadero's C++ Builder which is what I am used to from my college days. Visual Studios can go pound sand. :P The major plus with going back to a Borland like GUI is that I already have a ton of utility code that only needs minor updates to be useful again. Convert AnsiString to UnicodeString and all the minor trivialities with that. Another plus... I don't have to deal with the weirdness of Non-English strings since everything is Unicode now... yaye.

Anyways... back to work. Ohh and if anyone finds any major bugs with the VB AP I will of course patch the issue up.

Things Done...
Encryption: Done
Directory Management(good ole posix for fast file/directory parsing): Done
File Hashing: Done
Logging: Done
Script Parsing: In progress
Script Checker: In progress
RTI Tool: In progress. This one is going to be much better then the original. It will be able to take a script and populate the hash/size entries cutting out a very annoying part of making scripts. :)
Sweeper: No Work Yet
AP: No Work Yet
Script/APM Maker: No Work Yet (all in one tool point it at a download and fill out some basic information. It will create scripts for you)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Almost done with the first part of the RTI tool. It will make standard RTI files but, there is a bug to work out.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Proper RTI Files.... Done.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Yeah !!!
What's this I get some new toys to play with !!
:D :D :D
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Soon as I get the script parsing ability in and the script checking part done... I will let you play with it. I am completely redoing how the scripting is handled. It was too spaghetti like before. Made tracking things in my head a pain. Since I am going C++ and it requires a lot of changes... might as well get the major improvements in now.