Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by ChrisJ »

val__ wrote:OK, run autopatcher today. Updated admin tool w/ problem.
But checking win7 and win8 (September 15) in any combination I get permission problem and program wants to exit.

1...So, I run sweeper and it wants to delete all these files. Is this normal to have that much?
2...Already run sweeper previous month and actually deleted bunch of files.
3...Took quite a lot megabytes to download them back.

Update:
Today I got past that screen. MD5 check and all downloaded that failed yesterday.
Hi Val :)

1...Sweeper should only delete files that are not supposed to be there according to the rti file used to verify the release - so yes, this is normal. The month of September 2015 was very busy for 7 & 8, x64 & x86 alone, numerous deletions and numerous additions. Your broken download may be somewhat to do here. The script should have removed any PreAction deletions, but it looks like maybe it didn't get to because of a permission issue, but you did get the latest rti file. When you (or AP) ran Sweeper it used the latest rti file to verify the releases and it found all those "Extra" files - so it deleted them. This is my guess. There's only 3 ways files get removed (4 including the user), the script will remove them if listed in the PreAction section of the script, the script will also delete a partial (incomplete) download and start over with that one file, or Sweeper will remove Extra (or mismatched sized/hashed) files according to the list within the rti file.

Btw, I think there was a discussion about only updating the latest IE that each OS can run, IE11 I believe. If this is correct and you run 9 or 10, AP wont contain these updates. Again, I think, I'm not positive.

2...This is a bit interesting! If you're able to update your releases properly using AP, and they're official, Sweeper shouldn't have to delete anything - there should be no missing, extra, or mismatched files unless your download was problematic. If this happens again you may want to provide the Sweeper log so the reason can be determined. The log from the download as well. It wouldn't hurt to take a quick look at the release info (in AP) to see if any releases are unofficial, then maybe run Sweeper.exe /test /verbose to get a list (see log) of issues without deleting anything. If updating the release(s) using AP fixes nothing then the script is the problem and should be reported so it can be corrected.

The key here is that after an update you want all the releases to be official, AP's Release Info with the aid of Sweeper finding Extra files should alert you to the unofficial release.

3...I don't think you were redownloading old files, rather, the most recent updates, there were a lot of em. If there were old files in your release that were removed, they would have been corrupt files would be my guess. Possibly, files were removed because they were causing issues for some users, but after a bit of decision-making they were added back. This will happen, an update is buggy (or some other such problem) and until a fix is figured out it will be removed - then added back later. Again, so as to prevent any redundant downloading, if these kinds of things are happening it is best to provide an unedited log file for the offending release so it can be inspected.

These are my suppositions, worth about a handful of air :)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Hmm... when it says "EXTRA FILE" that means when WAC made the RTIZ file (hash file) he did not have that file. There are a few reasons for this. It may be that he forgot to put in a delete command for that file in the script when the file was no longer needed, OR he made the RTIZ then added the file but, forgot to make a new RTIZ.

Dang, ChrisJ beat me to it again. My excuse was I spent several hours programming with this window open.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New Version out... 6.1.34

Link Front page.

Changes:
  • You can now place multiple file version detection in the same line. ex ( FileVersion=>10.1.2.3,<20.1.2.3 ) . Don't use " >= " or " <= " though since that won't be recognized. Use of "any" is still allowed. The conditions are treated as ANDs (meaning they all have to be true for the expression to be true). Using the previous example 12 would be fine but, 9 or 21 would be outside of the set range. You can still use " ! " however it MUST be in the first condition before the test type" > or < " and it applies to the total test and reverses the findings. EX ( FileVersion=!>10.1.2.3,<20.1.2.3 )
  • Fixed sweeper skipping MD5 and Size checks if TEST was used.
  • Fixed AP not reporting unofficial status.
  • Changed AP execution of external commands <-- should remove most access denied errors as well as provide more responsiveness.
  • Changed the way AP compares versions of files. Should provide a small boost to module loading. Not MD5 phase though.
WhatACrock give it a try since I know you can run the version testing through its paces. I did preliminary tests and it seemed to work without issue.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Ok just downloaded the new version and two parts are grated out. It shows them all but can not do anything. They are Windows common files and Windows seven x64. Can you check on this? If you anything else Just ask.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

um... there is something different in this version of x64 script verses the last one. :( I was using an older directory. I just updated it to the latest and now it doesn't work. :( Will look into it.
GRR.. it was a way that OS detection was being compared. Fixed. I was using an older Test script which used just SEVEN while seven x64 script uses SEVEN_X64... AP it skipped it and then thought nothing was compatible. Will post updated zip shortly.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Ok sounds good. Will wait and see what you find out and see if anyone else finds any other problems. Thanks
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New link up... my bad its fixed. That's what I get for using old test scripts instead of keeping them updated.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Attempted to download 6.1.34 but only received 6.1.32.

I see by the changes list that => and =< are no longer valid which means that any apm modules will need to be edited. This could be an exhaustive search and correct mission (cannot recall how many there are). Before I move on please explain the use of "!" for a detection argument (not even seen or heard of this before).
WhatACrock give it a try since I know you can run the version testing through its paces. I did preliminary tests and it seemed to work without issue.
Require the latest download to accomplish this task.....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wac... as far as I know... non of the apms used " >= " they use " => ", right? The code didn't seem to support that anyways. It only checked for < or > and then used it as a <= or >=. I just removed the = in the code since you can be more specific this way.
! is a NOT modifier. Anything that was true is now false. Anything that was false is true. So if you say... " FileVersion=!10 ", then anything that is not version 10 is good. As Far as I know the change didn't effect any of the win 7 apms and I know there are at least 2 files with < or > in them.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Ok downloaded version 6.1.35 and he Windosws seven x64 is fix but the Windows common files is still grayed out. Hmmm When I look at the list Updated Components is in bold and when I click on it to open it everything is grayed out. What is wierd is that it is bold and not grayed out. Thanks.