Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by Whatacrock »

After further testing I personally have come to the conclusion that it would be advisable to revert back to the way that 6.1.32 utilised detections. The main logic for this being that there would so many updates that require editing in order to them to be displayed. This would entail editing the retired Operating System Releases, to bring in line with the rest of the group.

Testing in Windows 7 x64 Vitrual Machine has the Microsoft Office 2007 plus the Office Addons installed. The Office 2007 is suppressed totally, only partial display of the Addons, these are the Visual Studio Runtime Routines.
With the remaining Operating Systems, typically the Internet Explorer Cumulative Updates are suppressed. These contain the major version only for the Internet Explorer, for example 9,11.
There are also other updates amongst both the Critical and NonCritical sections.

All in all a log winded editing session to bring the modules in line with requirements for >6.1.32

BTW as a off topic mention, Windows Vista will more than likely GO DARK after the October Update Day if there are no further responses to keep the release alive. Not much use updating something that is not being used...

Just don't get me started with UNIONS, scum sucking leeches!!!!
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Will revert tomorrow provided I don't get stuck with tons of overtime.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Changes to the <> are reverted to <= >=.
Ver: 6.1.38
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

No reply... good news I trust?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Autopatcher 6.1.38 is reacting the same as .36 did. That is some updates are not displaying,namely Flash Player for Internet Explorer and several others also. Most probably as the ones affected use => in the System Components line, InternetEplorer=>6.
older-than-dirt

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta (sweeper issue?)

Post by older-than-dirt »

I'm not sure where to report this. I have AP 6.1.32, have a XP SP3 & XP Sp2/64 module updates and after updating, status is unofficial. Run sweeper (2.0) and it wants to delete everything in the translations directory to make it official. If I allow it to do this, of course, AP won't run (something about a license file missing) afterwards. Suggestions? Other, different modules (in separate dirs) seem to work fine when I have to run sweeper.

From Sweeper log
► Show Spoiler
Is XP SP3 (x86) no longer supported for AP 6?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I had a similiar problem but it appears to have corrected itself, not exactly sure how though. I don't know if the unofficial was from .\translations but AP was unofficial while the release was True.

I created a test folder - .\AP.Beta.XP using AP6132 zip - copied over .\Windows XP x64 minus the apm and rtiz. Running AP6132 to download the remainder of files for XPx64 (apm, rtiz), clicking 'IU' AP was flagged unofficial while XPx64 was True in Release Info. I realized that XP wont load on 8 so I edited the ini to ShowHidden to see what might happen - all is official.

I copied over XPx86 the same way, minus the apm and rtiz, updated to complete the release, AP is Official, the releases are True using AP6132. Strange!

otd, you might run AP6132 and select the APUP 6132 script 'only' to update the release - see the log..? Anything? IS XPx64 & XPx86 True in Release Info?
► Show Spoiler
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I did one last test, the basic, extracted ap6132.zip to .\Test, fired up AutoPatcher.exe, clicked Install Updates - AP is Official, clicked About, Release Info - AutoPatcher Engine is True. I added an empty .\modules folder so Sweeper wouldn't complain, and then ran Sweeper.exe - Done! Nothing! I tried but I can't reproduce the initial Unofficial warning.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Having the same issue with 6.1.38 as was with 6.1.36 --- some updates not displaying in the install section. These updates utilize a line containing => or =< So I have reverted back to 6.1.32 so that all the updates are displayed... Just a heads up !!
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

grrr I will revert the code for that entire section then. I thought I reverted the proper line.