Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

The not being able to use commands that start with the word start is known and fixed in the next release. The uninstallers might be failing for example if they are not finding the file is there as the errors says. IS that uninstaller there?

Also I will look into the install/uninstall progress bar not moving.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

I see the problem with the Removal process.

Example (from the AP log):

Code: Select all

Executing command: "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\C:\Program Files\PeaZip\unins000.exe" /SILENT

Error Detected: File not found in RunCommand At Line 104
Attempted Commandline: "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_40 - TEST\modules\Admin\Admin_files\C:\Program Files\PeaZip\unins000.exe" /SILENT
See how the Program Files path looks like its part of the AP path? ---> Admin_files\C:\Program Files
The command should just be:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\PeaZip\unins000.exe" /SILENT
This was the case for several that I tried. (2 programs called msiexec but seemed to hang or I was impatient, so idk if those ones work.)
val__

Post by val__ »

Pendraguin wrote:Just ran the newest version - 6.1.40. So far, so good - did not get any errors. Will expand my testing beyond just the Win 7 SP1 x86 Critical Updates. :-)
yes, I can confirm. 6.1.40 has run so far without any issues.
I'm using it mostly to download updates. Installing very rarely.

Thanks. ;)
older-than-dirt

possible bug & an enhancement request

Post by older-than-dirt »

I ran into the following when running 6.1.40:

When using the mouse to position the cursor over a specific update and then select using the mouse click, the description of the update in the lower panel is updated. When using the arrow keys to scroll through the updates, the next update is highlighted, but the description of the update in the lower panel doesn't get updated when it's highlighted using an arrow key - the description also doesn't update if I use the space bar for the selection (although the selection does work). Updating appears to be tied to the mouse click event itself, not the selection event.

Clarification: the Item Description doesn't update (for any item) after I've blacklisted any item until I use the mouse to select an item that hasn't been blacklisted. In fact if I click on a previously blacklisted item, the same thing happens: until I mouse-click on a non-blacklisted item, the Description never updates

Enhancement request:
I would like to make use of the blacklist feature (thank you for this), but with the large number of updates for 7 & 8, it takes a long time to scan through them to find the ones that I want to blacklist (especially since the KB is at the end of the description). Is it possible to order the list the entries by KB # (lowest to highest)? That would make things a lot easier. If that's not easy/possbile to do, would it be desireable to put the KB# at the beginning of the line, instead of at the end. My update life is run by KB#'s....
older-than-dirt

Not sure what's going on with 6.1.40, but it's not installing any updates. It loads in and verifies everything okay, but when I try to install any updates, it just "rips" through all of the updates in about 10 seconds, says everything installed, reboots and nothing has been installed. ????? I went back to 6.1.32 and it appears to be installing updates correctly.. Oh well, so much for black list support.. UGH. :shock: :shock:
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Have you tried deleting and redownloading 6.1.40? I've been using it for a few months without that same issue, so maybe one of the program files is whacky?

I like your suggestion of sorting the list, hopefully that's possible. Right now, this PC is up to date, but I know I'll have to go through the whole update process again sometime!

If you know the updates that you want to blacklist, I think you can just put them in the blacklist file. This would make it easier than trying to find & hide each one within AP. My guess is that if a KB in the blacklist isn't actually in the AP master list, it would just get ignored. WAC or AP Guy would know better tho.

My experience with the blacklist is that it didn't work in 6.1.32, but worked in later versions - I think it was 6.1.38 & up (definitely works in 6.1.40).
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

older-then-dirt: ok, didn't even think about checking for the user to use the keyboard to check things off will account for that in the next release.
Please use verbose when installing so we can see if there is anything in the log. I am wondering if there is another situation I did not account for in the way executables are ran.
older-than-dirt

APGuy,
If you are going to generate a new version, I will wait before testing again (and I will submit AP logs as well for that testing). If you're waiting for me to submit some logs for the 6.1.40 failures, I probably won't be able to do them until this Sat. (PM). Either way, let me know your preference.

OTD
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Doing some work on the .Net version atm. Its mostly done. Still getting some bugs squashed with malice.

Edit:
Sorta fixed the downloading issue. Disabled the Multi-download at a same time though. Something to do with multi asynchronous downloads makes the .NET API freeze after about 4 total downloads (its a random amount of downloads but, 4 is average). For the life of me I can't figure it out. The API call to .net just drops dead doing nothing with no errors.

TODO list: (that I know of)
(FIXED... mostly. Done for now, just tiny things to nudge around) Fix GUI some frames are still not showing where they should or are miss sized. Silly math is silly. (This can possibly take a lot of time. Make change... Start program... Close program... Repeat)
(FIXED) Fix Install tree generation function. (something from the port over to .net is throwing errors in there)
Figure out why when the tree does generate, it looks like its drawn in 4 bit colors. (its terrible looking like old PC EGA colors) <-- still trying to figure it out.
Looks similar to how bad this is:

(FIXED)Fix Crash on selecting Next after selecting updates to install.
(Seems Fine)Check update install commands run proper. (have not run tests if it woks for .net calls properly yet) (also fixed a bug that is in all the autopatcher code concerning multiple install or remove lines now you can have multiple lines. for example an install takes a few things to install like, prep the system first then run the update)
Update code with all the changes done to to non-.NET version since the code conversion to .NET.
Do a little jig
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

If you read the above post you can see the progress and how close we are to .NET release. Technically the program works as it currently is. Just graphical little glitches here and there but, no show stoppers (seemingly). Ohh and missing the changes that happened to the non-.net version since the code port. The ISO burn function is in but, not enabled yet.