Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
DesertJerry

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by DesertJerry »

Why did I bother testing/posting all the info above days ago if nobody has any comments/solutions?
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

DesertJerry wrote:Why did I bother testing/posting all the info above days ago if nobody has any comments/solutions?
I believe TheAPGuy mentioned he would look into some of your issues - see his post - viewtopic.php?p=4702#p4702
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

________ Update for ...(KB28566676) [That's how it's listed - why the underlines?]
This update would be best explained by click-click, not taken the time why it written this way
.NET Framework 4.6 - all black three checked - unchecked (Standalone Installer) Problem here could be because I have 4.6.2 Preview installed?
Your version numbers will NOT match as the Preview versions will be higher
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

ChrisJ wrote:
DesertJerry wrote:Why did I bother testing/posting all the info above days ago if nobody has any comments/solutions?
I believe TheAPGuy mentioned he would look into some of your issues - see his post - viewtopic.php?p=4702#p4702
When I read the APGuys response to my posting I concluded it had nothing to do with what I had posted - and I just re-read it and I still come to the same conclusion - it refers to nothing I commented about.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

DesertJerry wrote:When I read the APGuys response to my posting I concluded it had nothing to do with what I had posted - and I just re-read it and I still come to the same conclusion - it refers to nothing I commented about.
You might be right, you did drop a ton of issues in the post! I suppose it will take a bit of unwinding too to find solutions -- we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think he was ignoring or didn't or hasn't always appreciated your posts, you usually post details that are helpful.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

No DJ, your posts just like ChrisJ's are valuable. The things you posted about will invariably show up in the new AP as well. I take your post seriously and will resolve the issues, I was more concerned with that damnable bug that I can't reproduce when I made that post. Sorry I didn't comment on the rest of the issues.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

WinXP Pro x64 w/SP2 and AutoPatcher v5.7.56

Microsoft Windows - Updated Components includes:
.Net Framework 1.1
.Net Framework 3.5 and Family
.Net Framework 4.0
DirectX 9.0C June 2010 v9.29.1974

Microsofft Windows - Common Files includes:
Update for ... (KB3050995)
Microsoft ... (KB890830) x64

Windows Addons includes:
Adobe Software (all items)
Oracle Java Runtime (items)
Microsoft Visual C++ ... (11 items)
Microsoft Security (no items) why?
OpenType...
Microsoft Download ...
DirectX ...

Microsoft Windows Admin

WinXP Pr0 x64 w/SP2 and AutoPatcher v6.1.40

Download Updates:
Error fetching releases list > Next

Microsoft Windows - Updated Components includes:
.Net Framework 1.1
.Net Framework 3.5 and Family
.Net Framework 4.0 NOT INCLUDED - WHY?

Microsofft Windows - Common Files NOT Included - WHY?

Windows Addons - same as above.

Microsoft Windows Admin - same as above

That's my test for today.

Next day: 24 Apr

Win7 w/SP1 64bit > AutoPatcher v5.7.56 and v6.1.40

Results/listings using either version was the same - no glaring differences.

One question though - why is Malicious Software Removal Tool listed as part of 'Microsoft Windows - Common Files' rather than 'Microsoft Security'?

Later some more:

Win10 (upgraded from 8.1) 64bit > AutoPatcher v5.7.56 and v6.1.40

One glaring difference - APv5.7.56 had no items listed under Microsoft Windows - Updated Components while v6.1.40 had .Net Framework 1.1 and 4.6.

Editing appropriate APMs to read:
[OperatingSystem]
WindowsVersion=ANY <---
SystemLanguage=ANY

resulted in items being listed in v5.7.56 but with check marks - though AIDA 64 Extreme 5.60.3720 beta shows KBs as being installed - new problem?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Looks like a previous update or something has crapped on VB6s ability to compile. I have been punching away at this for a few days and I can NOT get VB6 to compile. Reinstalling did nothing. It is complaining about unknown variables that are clearly defined IN THE SAME MODULE! EVERY MODULE. Anyways... I am just now giving up on trying to get it to work. So I will either stop making AP6.2 and focus on finishing the .NET (Think I will call it 7.0 since it is such a huge change) code or start plugging away in Windows XP mode. <-- such a pain to emulate.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Where is AP v6.2.00 listed? Can't find it here. Never mind - found it.

Extracted 6.2.00 to same directory as 6.1.40 - Autopatcher.exe - double clicked - failed to start; verified it was version 6.2.00 - any ideas?

Did a test - extracted download to an empty \Test folder - Sweeper.exe was able to start, Autopatcher.exe DID Not when double-clicked.

Booted to Win10 Insider Preview build 14352, Navigated to \Test folder > AutoPatcher.exe blocked from starting by Windows Defender - turned Defender OFF > Autopatcher 6.2.00 started OK.

Navigated to folder where AutoPatcher 6.1.40 had been updated to 6.2.00 - started ok and listing of files needing to be updated was shown. Selected RED items and clicked to start download > downloads started but not for long - hung up after one or two files downlaoded > cancel.

Settings > turned Defender back on.

Reboot back to Win7 w/SP1 and cumulative update: back to \Test folder > AutoPatcher.exe fails to start (no error message of any kind - Microsoft Security Essentials is ON).

Back to folder with updated AutoPatcher (6.1.40 to 6.2.00) - AutoPatcher.exe still refuses to start; Sweeper started:

Sweeper Has Started At 03-Jun-16 14:54:05
Version: 2.0.0

Starting Sweeper From: W:\AutoPatcher
Looking For RTI Files...
Found RTI: acrobat_reader_en_US.rti
Extracting RTI: admintools.rtiz
Found RTI: admintools.rtiz
Found RTI: adobe_air.rti
Extracting RTI: apengine.rtiz
Found RTI: apengine.rtiz
Found RTI: common.rti
Found RTI: extras.rti
Found RTI: Java_jre_8_x64.rti
Found RTI: Java_jre_8_x86.rti
Found RTI: msredist.rti
Found RTI: mssecurity_enu.rti
Found RTI: offaddon.rti
Extracting RTI: xp_x64_sp2.rtiz
Found RTI: xp_x64_sp2.rtiz
Done Looking For RTI Files.
Performing Checks...

The Script 'Admin Tools Package' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,
Run Sweeper.exe with /verbose CommandLine

The Script 'Adobe Air Addon' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Extras' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Java Runtime (JRE) 8 x64' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Java Runtime (JRE) 8 x86' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Microsoft Redistributable' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Microsoft Security Addon ENU' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Office Addon Pack' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,

The Script 'Windows XP x64' Is In UnOfficial Status. If You Do Not See Why Above And Want To Know Why,
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\windows_components.apm

[Here was listed the extra files: 1003 of them]

EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows_Seven_x64\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows6.1-KB982018-v3-x64.msu
Performing Empty Dir Check...
Done

Error Stats:
Extra Files: 1003
Missing Files: 0
Size Missmatch: 18
MD5 Missmatch: 7

Files Scanned: 660

Exit/cancel -

Now what? :?:
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheAPGuy wrote:Looks like a previous update or something has crapped on VB6s ability to compile. I have been punching away at this for a few days and I can NOT get VB6 to compile. Reinstalling did nothing. It is complaining about unknown variables that are clearly defined IN THE SAME MODULE! EVERY MODULE. Anyways... I am just now giving up on trying to get it to work. So I will either stop making AP6.2 and focus on finishing the .NET (Think I will call it 7.0 since it is such a huge change) code or start plugging away in Windows XP mode. <-- such a pain to emulate.
*offers virtual beer* :mrgreen:

...Might I beg a fresh copy of 5.7.56 off you, or someone here? I rather dumbly didn't keep a copy when I moved up to 6.1.32. :oops: