APUP 1.5

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
older-than-dirt

Re: APUP 1.5

Post by older-than-dirt »

AdminTools and Office2007 now report being "official" - Thanks.

So, I've run through all of the releases, as of yesterday/today and they all report official (using 6.1.32). I generally only use Win7 and Win8 monthly, but occassionally use DotNet, Common and Security.

I can already see that it's going to be an interesting year with Windows 10...

Has anyone ever suggested adding sysinternal tools? Just curious, not really an admin type of item, more dev/troubleshooting, but their process explorer tools are pretty handy and I find my myself using them frequently. This zip file is on my "tools" thumb drive.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@older-than-dirt --- Admin Tools contains a package known as WSCC (Windows System Control Centre). This package utilises both the SysInternals and NirSoft (Nir Sofer) softwares. Give this a try.......
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Has the link to APUP 1510 been pulled or moved, the link in the first post is giving off an error?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Appears the link to the archive has crapped itself. Was going to attach the file but get the file too large error, damn it
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:Appears the link to the archive has crapped itself. Was going to attach the file but get the file too large error, damn it
The link is still dead... and yeh, I ran into that problem when I tried attaching AP 5756 to a post for themadkansan, about 1.3MB. I'm interested in the single file size maximum and total megs allowed for all attachments. For instance, is it 1MB max regardless if 1 file or 10, or, 1MB max per file and 5MB max for all attachments.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

BUMP
ChrisJ wrote:
Whatacrock wrote:Appears the link to the archive has crapped itself. Was going to attach the file but get the file too large error, damn it
The link is still dead... and yeh, I ran into that problem when I tried attaching AP 5756 to a post for themadkansan, about 1.3MB. I'm interested in the single file size maximum and total megs allowed for all attachments. For instance, is it 1MB max regardless if 1 file or 10, or, 1MB max per file and 5MB max for all attachments.
I would still like to know :?:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

OK that Link I fixed right away when I read that. I guess I TOTALLY forgot to reply to you about that information though :oops: ... here it is.

When I redid the forum a lot of stuff got set back to defaults. Default in this case being... 3 attachments per post at a MAX of 300kb total. (I just bumped it up to 2mb total.) You still have a 100mb per user total though. No idea what happens if you manage to max it.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:OK that Link I fixed right away when I read that.

Yeah you did, and thanks for fixing it.
TheAPGuy wrote:I guess I TOTALLY forgot to reply to you about that information though :oops: ... here it is.

When I redid the forum a lot of stuff got set back to defaults. Default in this case being... 3 attachments per post at a MAX of 300kb total. (I just bumped it up to 2mb total.) You still have a 100mb per user total though. No idea what happens if you manage to max it.
OK, so we have 100MB total storage, nice to know. I would never come close to using it all :shock:

So, if I wanted to upload for a user a 3MB file, I would need to split it into 2 parts and use 2 posts to do it, OK, got it.

This would be good to know, maybe add it to the forum FAQ.

Attachments (per post):
* A member in good standing - no warnings, off probation.
* 25+ posts - no spam.
* Maximum: 3 files - Maximum: 2MB total.