Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:Fixed the issue with it freaking out on files without extensions the blacklist and arguments files for example. I should give them an extension anyways. Any suggestions?
blacklist.list | arguments.list
blacklist.apf | arguments.apf
blacklist.txt | arguments.txt
blacklist.cfg | arguments.cfg
blacklist.xml | arguments.xml
Last edited by ChrisJ on Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected .apf extension.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I was giving the arguments file some more thought... btw, I like its simplicity, much easier than shortcuts, and I like the file in \AP root. I'll admit I guessed at the placement of the switches since I had never used it before - one 'in front' of the other or 'below' on the next line - I used next line. It's working in AP 6206, the arguments were written to the log. BTW, I didn't use brackets as seen in the code below, only the /arguments, if you're wonderin' :)

... for your consideration - AP & Sweeper both use the arguments file...

Code: Select all

; Command Line Arguments

[AutoPatcher]
/nolicense
/verbose

[Sweeper]
/test
/verbose
I also thought integrating code into 'autopatcher.ini' is worth looking into since the file already exists. These are some of my thoughts, I hope other members offer ideas too :)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Sweeper used to read the ini file for testing and verbose. They were disabled though, I forget why. The code is still there. Sweeper does read the ini file for sweeper to remember its size. SweepFormWidth SweepFormHeight

Should add to my todo list:
Show agreements once then stop showing them.
Stop making people NEED verbose to know whats not correct when unofficial. Why run the program twice?!

Thats it though... no more items added until I get the .net working... gota feature freeze at some point. (unless there are bugs) Can't get .NET working if I keep going against my word and still working on vb6 code.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Today's Log:
You no longer need verbose to know why your in an unofficial state.
Agreement forms only show once.
Installed items only show if you want them to. (check options box)
Fixed: opening options and then hitting ok when in install area.. options screen stays open while the reload of APMS is going on in the background.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

AP626 is having a time with the arguments and blacklist files, but I didn't want to post anything if you were already aware and the issues were fixed in AP627.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I can't put out the current version until we hammer out the issues with the batch files. Soon.... soon.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

OK.

* Bizarre how AP 626 views arguments & blacklist as releases or rti(s), not sure but their in Release Info as a Title-less True release, and AP wants to delete the file from \#ap_temp#\.
* Clicking the redX will launch about 10 Yikes (per file) but AP will go on to load and will show as official. Closing the dialog normally will only write the first line in the log and AP closes.
* The errors in the log are always the same #s, and only slightly different (1 line) depending on if the file has content - empty files still cause Yikes if present in \AP.

* Sweeper logs switches used in a shortcut or RUN and the arguments file as well, writes both sets to the log.

Code: Select all

<snip>... 
Sweeper is running with the following arguments: nolicense verbose test verbose
Snipped Log - errors start right after apengine.rti deletion:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by ChrisJ on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed pic
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So... Ya... UPDATE! Minus fixing Temp directory to C drives root. I need a bit of time to poke it a bit to make it right but, I didn't want people to keep waiting for the great changes. Everything does go into the "temp_bin" though and that should keep the current batch files happy. Good news for WAC. :)

blacklist.cfg | arguments.cfg
I think I will choose this for the next update.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

running now.

It did prompt to allow a couple of updates to run that I had to click manually.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

If it did then the command for them must have been wrong. Which ones?