Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by TheAPGuy »

No news is good news? No problems for anyone with the newest version?
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 w/SP1 and AutoPatcher 6.2.06 > double-clicking AutoPatcher.exe has no effect - nothing happens; program fails to start.

When I try to start AutoPatcher 5.7.56 I get error message: File name or class name not found during Automation operation on file: \AutoPatcher\autopatcher.log OK > Yikes > Where: mdlInitialization.SubMain() > Error Code: 0x1B0: File name or class name not found during Automation operation > Quit

Both AutoPatcher versions appear to run OK on the two versions of Win10 I'm running: Insider Preview and Anniversary (upgraded 8.1).

Also, I thought I had mentioned these problems some time ago.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well you did but, 6.2.06 is not the latest version. 6.2.09 is. For your current version try right clicking and hit run as admin and see if that makes it run.

For AP 5.7.56 the automation thing is possibly a missing SSubTmr6.dll or one of the FM20 dlls. I don't remember when I had ssub dll removed from the code. Attached a zip with it. Give it a try by placing it in the system( or for x64 syswow64) folder. If it didn't do the trick get rid of the dll. Its a sub classing dll that next to nothing except old VBA code needs now aday. ohh wait you said it runs fine on win10 but not win 7. How strange.
Attachments
SSubTmr6.7z
(11.84 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

So where do I download 6.02.09? The link at the beginning of this thread shows 6.02.06 and the link on the main download page shows 6.02.02.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@older-than-dirt --- use your Autopatcher and 6.02.09 from the list
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ohh I should probably fix the link at the start of this thread then... my bad.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 w/SP1 > Got 6.2.09 and extracted same. Neither method started the program: double-clicking or run as Administrator, now what?

Downloaded SSubTmr6.7z and extracted - already had a copy it in the \SysWOW64 folder - overwrite the previous copy > made no difference > same error message when starting 5.7.56. > now what?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Self note
Does not work in windows 7 with KB3125574 but, does work in win xp x64SP2, Win 7 SP1, and win 10.

You can run sweeper in windows 7 with KB3125574 right?
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 w/SP1 > KB3125574 > Sweeper v1.3.0.7 > error message: Application error - File name or class name not found during Automation operation on prjSweeper.SubMain At Line 100 > OK > Sweeper Run Time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument. OK

Sweeper-B v1.3.0.9 - same as above.

I am not going to uninstall KB3125574 to validate it as the culprit as everything else appears to be running just fine.

No problems in XP Pro x64, Win10 updated from 8.1 and latest Insider Preview Build 14905. AutoPatcher 5.7.56

Sweeper v2.0.0 that came with AutoPatcher 6.2.0.9 ran ok and I OK'd a deletion of files but Autopatcher itself still would not start in Win7 w/SP1.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Using Autopatcher 6.2.09 on a client's machine and picked up on an odd occurrence.
Normally I "run as administrator" select a number of updates to install, then let the operation do it's job. This time I forgot to run as administrator selected the updates and set it to run.
Went back some 5 minutes later only to find that it appeared Autopatcher had frozen (this was not the case), on closer inspection, found an icon on the taskbar for the elevated UAC, clicked to accept and update installed.
This continued each time a new update from the list was being installed. Luckily was only adding 5 updates to the system..
I always thought that Autopatcher ran at an elevated level (as administrator). I could be wrong on this......

Wondering if anyone else has noticed this...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"