Autopatcher v6 Blog

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
parkd1

Re: Autopatcher v6 Blog

Post by parkd1 »

This new build you are working on, is their going to be any testing for the new Creators Update that just came out? Thanks
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

What do you mean? There should be no difference if you mean detection for that OS version. It "should" be taken care of via build number detection. All that is required is the APM files have the build number correct.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Been a bit.. got side tracked with life.
Script loading and parsing is mostly done. Got a few bugs to work out.
Then I have to create functions to go over what is loaded and figure out if there are issues like more items then downloads(there should be at least 1 download per item but, there can be more then one download per item [per scripting version 2 ]), bad syntax... etcetera.
Once that is done I can tie it all into the rtitool.
and probably 45% of AP C++ will be done at same time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Progress is well progressing. Got a download client up and running. Doing stuff with it I could not do with curl.
Now I can check download file dates and NOT download if they are the same(which can save a ton of time/data). Files downloaded will be dated the dates that are on the servers now. (well when the C++ version of AP comes out). This can be another way to tell if a change has occurred. This could potentially be used to check files instead of hashing a file if you disable hashing for speed reasons.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...heard anything from Wac?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

not a thing. I am a bit concerned. If he no longer wanted to assist this site I am very certain he would have said so instead of just dropping off the face of the earth so to speak. If I had his phone # I would call it, damn the international calling cost. He does not respond to his email or messages left to his yahoo.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Most of the people (contribs) usually fall off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again. Didn't Frank disappear, quit responding to PMs... surprised, he was the one hosting the site back in the day. I too hope Wac is OK but it wouldn't shock me if he was just fed up, maybe felt put-upon, he seemed a bit of a cranky guy at times, his sig pretty much spells out how he felt about things.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm seems reasonable. Frank... ya. I actually heard from him like 6 months ago? he FINALLY noticed there was something wrong with the .com site and asked me about it.... ya. I said... keep it the same so it auto routes to here.

Anyways I am back and I am working on the win 7 script again. I will shorten it down quite a bit I think. will see how that works out.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New version posted for TheCrow's windows 10 detection fix.