APUP 1.5

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

APUP 1.5

Post by TheAPGuy »

So someone said they would rather keep using apup. In order to do so it needed an update so here it is.

Changes in order to keep working:
*DOWNLOAD AP function copied into here.
Change binaries to bin location from apup_bin
Supports https downloads.

THE LINK

UPDATED with new curl and 7zip (GET THIS) updated version since the older 7zip has a known vulnerability. It is still the same version program just updated helpers.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: APUP 1.5

Post by TheAPGuy »

awww no feedback. Makes me sad.
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

"awww no feedback. Makes me sad."

Thank you for 1.5!! - Works like a charm. I was one of the ones that still can't run the 6.1 in a VM and have it write to a shared folder, so I was just able to try it. I just used it for win 8.1 and ran AP 6.1.40 against it and it came back official - looking good.

I got busy with the holidays and then my brother went into the hospital for emergency surgery. He just got back home last week so things are settling down a little bit.

Eventually I will have to set up a samba server instead of relying on VMWare Workstation's shared folders (which are becoming more problematic with each of their releases)

But thanks again, I will use APUP as long as it is possible (or until I have time to figure out an alternative in my dev environment).
older-than-dirt

So, I guess I spoke a little too soon. I'm seeing 2 things:

1) It seems that the apup.exe file is deleted after I run Autopatcher v6.1.40. This isn't a big deal, I just copy one back into the directory and it works. Very strange, but I've confirmed this a number of times. After apup exe completes the file is there, after Autopatcher 6.1.40 runs, the file is not there.

2) I'm having problems with getting WIndows 7 into official status. When I run sweeper /verbose, I get:
UNOFFICIAL MISSING: File 'modules\Windows_Seven_x86\NonCritical\KB3077715_seven_x86.apm' (RTI:'seven_x86_sp1.rtiz')

Shouldn't APUP remedy this? It doesn't. I even tried deleting seven_x86_sp1.rtiz and rerunning, APUP gets that file, but error regarding other file remains. Not sure if this is APUP or AP issue.

Update: AP is definitely deleting apup.exe. If I set apup.exe to ReadOnly, AP errors out on startup, complaining that it can't delete obsolete files... :)

Thanks,
OTD
Attachments
Sweeper.log
Sweeper log file
(1 KiB) Downloaded 892 times
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@older-than-dirt --- KB3077715 is an orphaned module, a straggler that was missed. This has been rectified now. You need to re-download the release.

There has been discussion about renaming the different version of autopatcher so they can coexist in the same directory, mostly by ChrisJ, an certain you can locate any of the posts.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

older-than-dirt wrote: Snip...
It seems that the apup.exe file is deleted after I run Autopatcher v6.1.40.
Update: AP is definitely deleting apup.exe.
Hi o-t-d :)

Yes, AP will delete all traces of APUP, I noticed this starting with AP6132. So, you can't run APUP in the same folder with AP6x for testing, I haven't tried it but it may work with AP5756. You should have noticed this in the AP log...

Code: Select all

checking for and removing obsolete files...
Deleting File C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\AP.Beta.XP\\apup.exe
File Does Not Exist To Delete: C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\AP.Beta.XP\\apup.ini
File Does Not Exist To Delete: C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\AP.Beta.XP\\apup.log
File Does Not Exist To Delete: C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\AP.Beta.XP\\apup.exe.old
File Does Not Exist To Delete: C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\AP.Beta.XP\\Sweeper-b.exe
Since I only dropped apup.exe in the folder this was all there was to delete so you can replace "File Does Not Exist..." with "Deleting File" if you extracted the apup.zip file to AP's root folder, I would guess starting with AP6132 on up.

I certainly understand the reasoning behind this, AP6x has all the APUP functionality (or will have) but it adds another hurdle for users, we have a stable setup of AP, likely AP6132, a testing environment, every AP6x version since 6132, and now ...\apup1.5 - might be why folks haven't said much, they may not want to bother.

So yes, APUP 1.5 isn't compatible with any version of AP6x so don't bother extracting APUP to these folders, you'll need a new clean ...\apup folder. It may work with AP5756. To test, a comparison of the 2 main folders is needed, I believe they both use ...\bin - the files either need to be the same or compatible, meaning they can coexist.
older-than-dirt

Whatacrock wrote:@older-than-dirt --- KB3077715 is an orphaned module, a straggler that was missed. This has been rectified now. You need to re-download the release.

There has been discussion about renaming the different version of autopatcher so they can coexist in the same directory, mostly by ChrisJ, an certain you can locate any of the posts.
Okay guys thanks for the "hints" re: the apup vs AP binaries. I had previously just overlayed both AP (6.1.40) and apup (1.5) into the same dir... actually it "seemed to work" for the most part, but I've now changed my process to only have apup binaries present when updating and then delete them and put the AP binaries in the dir when installing the updates.

I also reran the win 7 x86 release and that's now official - thank you.

I think I found a bug in AP 6.1.40 (regarding selecting using the space bar + scroll arrow keys vs. using mouse+mouse clicks, but I will post that in the other thread.
older-than-dirt

Getting Admin Tools, fails. I deleted entire dir and tried to just get this one single release.

apup log attached

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is just a script issue, or apup 1.5 issue.
Attachments
apup.log
(11.08 KiB) Downloaded 868 times
older-than-dirt

I went through all of the releases. The Office2007 doesn't report official. Tried in a fresh directory with just this item.

Ran sweeper /verbose, log attached, reran apup, but still same error.

I ran this on a machine that doesn't have Office installed, not sure if that would cause an issue or not.
Attachments
autopatcher.log
(453 Bytes) Downloaded 871 times
Sweeper.log
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 868 times
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@older-than-dirt --- corrected the issues with Admin Tools and Office 2007.

Thanks for the heads up
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"