Autopatcher v6 Blog

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Autopatcher v6 Blog

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I know I have not given you guys updates about Autopatcher v6 for a while so I figured I would do so now.

The past two weeks I have not worked on it since I had car issues (yes I can program AND work on cars. Nerdy mechanic powers, GO!) and then a game that I used to regularly play (EmpiresMod) needed help with vehicle scripting so I spent hours and hours on that.

I had some time yesterday and today and I got V6 into a mostly working state. Expect a beta release for it sometime this week?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6 Blog

Post by Whatacrock »

Awaiting in anticipation
8-) 8-)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Would love to give it a spin.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well I wanted to release it last week but, didn't find time. :(
Worked on it today and it downloads fine. I just have a few small bugs to find and stamp.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I got some work done today... so.. ya. Progress update time. BETA IS LIVE! View new thread for information.
Anyways... There is plenty of code in this thing that is not "active" so its a bit larger then it should be. Once things get ironed out a bit I will remove the extra code bits that don't work but, are there just in case.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I have been trying to get the list to not screw up when it sorts and then reloads the list. Its not working using MS api sort, damn thing. I have no idea why the previous apup didn't have this issue.

I have added a few new features though.

Items that you can not download due to incompatible versions will no longer vanish, they will be grayed out and not selectable.
Added little arrow icons to the sorting columns.
Date format changed to dd/mm/yyyy instead of having space between each. I duno I kinda like it. It also can sort now by date too.

... ok so I post about my failure and then figure it out. What ever, it works properly now. I was using proper calls to manipulate the sub items however a sort screws something up in listview. So I try a different set of calls and now its working. Damn undocumented M$ crap.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well I think we lost Shyamsundarsoni. :( I already have some more planned changes... I will implement them.

ParkD... do you get your error consistently? I just can't seem to replicate an error. I did take care of the other bugs that are related to it though.

AP will get some more switches for apm creators to play with. I will also remedy the APM Hide function causing the APM tree generator to nag us in the log about missing items.

New APM "toys" all revolve around hiding apms that need not be shown.

Code: Select all

[Hide]                           <--- New header in apms
HideFile={Path} <--- Hide this APM if file found (can use != to say hide if not found)
HideRegistry={Path} <--- Hide this APM if the value in the next line is =. IF you only care if a path exists you don't need the next line (can use != to say hide if the path is not found)
HideRegistryValue={Value} <--- Part of the line above (can use != to say hide if not found)
HideIntel <--- Self Explanatory?
HideAmd <--- Self Explanatory?
The Intel and AMD switches will solve an issue with an AMD only patch that is needed for computers to run windows properly on AMD's and not show up for Intel users to complain about not being able to install it.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Yes I do.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Just a little blurb to let you know I am still working on it.
I have revamped a lot of the error code in the program. It will do a ton of reporting now. So to mitigate super log spam I created a new log level commandline, MaxDebug. Seriously... it will spam your log like a yappy dog. I have a 6k log just from turning the program on and then off and it grows to 35k to go strait to install section where there are only 6 files to see. All the log levels will report more information.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Way cool. Can not wait to give it a spin.