Autopatcher v6 Blog

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6 Blog

Post by TheAPGuy »

Going to change the option area around a bit. Auto hint text box too. Mouse over something and it will tell you what it is. Added a check box for showing hidden items.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Been a while since I have posted progress but, rest assured progress is still going. I have been seriously slowed down though. I have been reading a book... I just can't put the damn thing down its an emotional roller coaster.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

When do you think the next test version will be out?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Soon I hope. I rewrote half of the option forms code, edited the ini section so that it could remember your selection for hidden items also simplified other sections of the code while I was there, and I started work on how the tree is generated.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Currently rewriting the APM load functions to suit the new way to display things it will also help the transition to AP2 since it will use similar load setup.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Any update on how things are giong with version 6?
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

AutoPatcher v6.1.10 - Download Updates > Selections made > Next

Performing MD5 checks - OK

Fetching selected releases: only top bar scrolls across - downloads; bottom bar does not.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

yup.. got that fixed. Still working on the silly apm loading. I already threw out a few different attempts to do it elegantly.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Its been a while since the last test version however I have made significant progress and have actually manage to convert the code over to VB.NET. Working out the bugs created in the conversion now. It runs with bugs around every corner.

Pros:
  • Will be significantly easier to maintain the code.
  • Tons of more debugging abilities and catching errors before I even run the program.
  • Easy access to win API previously too much of a serious pain to access.
  • I will be able to auto sign the app (yaye)
  • Windows DEP "should" be less of an issue since all memory orations will be carried out that won't violate rules.
Cons:
  • There will be a required level of .NET installed to run the program. For all OS except Windows XP there will be no issue. Windows XP users would have to install .NET 2.0 at least (So far. It might go higher). I will however maintain a non .NET version. However note it will probably no longer get new features just bug fixes.
  • Lost the ability to use "any" in function and API calls. Seriously that hurts but, it can be dealt with.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:Cons:
  • There will be a required level of .NET installed to run the program. For all OS except Windows XP there will be no issue. Windows XP users would have to install .NET 2.0 at least (So far. It might go higher). I will however maintain a non .NET version. However note it will probably no longer get new features just bug fixes.
YUK! :cry: