Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Autopatcher v6.2

Post by TheAPGuy »

So... Here it is... LINKY

Its a full set of files. Please PLEASE place it in its own directory to test with.

Difference over previous stable Autopatcher: REDACTED The list is too long.
DesertJerry

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by DesertJerry »

XP Pro x64 w/SP2 > Downloaded AutoPatcher-v6_1_2.7z > unzipped > Started:

List of available releases:
RED - APUP 1.4.38 - problem, have APUP 1.4.40 installed (minor glitch)

RED - AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56 - obvious glitch since I'm running v6.1.2

I know you said to extarct to a 'new' folder for testing; I felt confident in you work so I extracted to previously created \AutoPatcher folder - only glitch noticed were/are the two mentioned.

Will check Win7 and 8.1 later; both x64. :D

Later, Win7 and 8.1 looked ok.
Last edited by DesertJerry on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Created a new folder to house the beta... started autopatcher.exe, past the first EULA, once it passed the second received an application error

"Failed to create process,check the path of the command line.
In runcurl at line 0"

Error appears to be fetching the releases.list
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

... I am a dunce. I forgot to include curl in the folder. :( Copy curl over from a working apup dir and place it in bin. Will update the zip.

btw.. I did not include sweeper on purpose. It will eventually be included in Autopatcher and activated via optional switch or command line.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

OK, copied curl.exe to bin and started autopatcher, get to second EULA, get same error as previously posted... created apup_bin to house curl, retested and this time the releases.list displayed.

Tried a release download and as you stated in original post, the MD5 does error and copped the "Yikes" error.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Really should have tested this a bit more before sending out. :(
  • Fixed the code to only read from bin location. Apup code copied over still wanted apup_bin.
  • Added curl and 7za into bin dir
  • added apengine.rtiz so it would stop complaining about being unofficial.
  • Fixed about release button being locked out if it thinks the only release you have is unofficial.
Also note... you don't have to download anything when the download window pops up if you already have things. You can just hit next.

Link above has been changed for 6.1.3

Note to self: Include a way to detect online status instead of erroring out on not being able to download list. Skipp right to install window.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Now runs like it should..

Just wanted to test the download side, that's all
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

version 6.1.3 downloaded and unzipped - why the name change to: Autopatcher-B.exe - some reason the -B is included?

Downloaded AutoPatcher-v6_1_3.7z and extracted same to previously used \AutoPatcher folder.

Since this newer version was designed to include both APUP and AutoPatcher in one program then why, when I start it, do I get:

Release Name:

RED - APUP 1.4.38
RED - AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56

As far as I can determine both of these items are now obsolete and should not be shown here. No issues with all other items listed.

Click Next > nothing out of the ordinary with the items listed > select About > Select Release Info > Date column: items listed should be edited to change the date shown to one format; either spell out the month in full (as some are), truncate the month to three letters (as some are), or use numerals (only one). My preference is either: DD MMM YYYY, or MMM DD YYYY (I prefer using DD to keep the column aligned vertically.

Also, the Title column really should be alphabetized. :roll:
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@DesertJerry --- Please remember that this is a "BETA" and as such the autopatcher.exe is designated the -B so that users recognize it it as such

The releases listing displays those that are available to download, this will be edited in time when the BETA matures to be mainstream

Why not leave the cosmetic changes until last, lets just wait until "ALL is WELL"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

As wac has said this is beta and it has been disclosed before that all betas will have a B attached to them so that you may, at your discretion, place it in the same directory as an existing non-beta program.

The reason both apup and the other autopatcher are red is probably because you have the newer versions of the applications. I may update the main list shortly to reflect the newer programs or I may remove them in favor of placing the next version on the list. If there are no overt bugs with the next release it will become the stable version until I can work out another release.

For the dates.... What did you mean "as some are"? Do you see the full months name being shown? You should be seeing it in DD MMM YYYY Although sometimes only 1 D is shown... I Haven't gotten around to figuring out why its not adding a 0.

The alphabetizing of the title list is something that is completely controllable script side and as such I see no need to interfere with that. It is also a great way to bring attention to the most important things at top. The columns don't yet have sort ability if you have noticed. They will soon though (probably next release).