Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok I think I am back to where we were yesterday. I also think I found your issue. New test version.
Also fixed a small issue with verbose not activating sooner and things were not showing up in log.
Fixed looping issue with it trying to copy/register files.
"WARNING: Trying to run update/applications without Administrator rights." We will know if you are being silly.

This one has had many changes to the start up order it might work for you DJ. If not I have another thing I am going to try. I will make a separate app and copy in all the startup items and let you pass in switches to tell it how far to go into the startup. That should tell us where the issue is.
Attachments
AutoPatcher.7z
(195.65 KiB) Downloaded 1138 times
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

OK, this version looks to be working - clears the OCX message and drops to the download/install dialog. selected install, running now.
major4579

Post by major4579 »

From post: Download/Install Screen. I found your switch "/skiptoinstall" - but it doesn't do anything. Maybe when you redid the work you lost (how I hate it when that happens - especially if I only have myself to blame) you didn't activate this switch?

-John
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

major4579 wrote:From post: Download/Install Screen. I found your switch "/skiptoinstall" - but it doesn't do anything. Maybe when you redid the work you lost (how I hate it when that happens - especially if I only have myself to blame) you didn't activate this switch?
damn... I did forget to put that back in fully. It was partially in, the code to recognizing the switch was not put in.

ohh bother. I see a loop in the startup sequence. It will take a bit of time to sort that out. Probably why it takes a bit to show up when you start it.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I have been messing around with Innosetup to make an install file for AP. There is an integration tool for VB6 that will add all the base needed files for a VB project and any declared dependencies. Will post results soonish.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So I tested the test apps with a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 sp1. No issues... going to apply patches and see if it stops working.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

fucking M$ BS...so I start off with IE 8 ok? I go to MS site to download a specific update. BAM blocked by MS site. "You need to update your browser"... ok. Fine... I download IE 11. During install startup it says... OHH OHH... you need to download an update first before you can install. OK fine... click the ok button and it takes me to MS site to download update... !!BLOCKED!! "You need to update your browser." what? ohhh god! I AM STUCK IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE!
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Here's a copy of IE11 for Win7 that I downloaded years ago - hope it helps, I'm attaching the 64bit version - if you need the 32bit version let me know. :D

Well, that didn't work - got error message saying the file extension (.exe) was invalid - renamed to .ZIP - error message said it was too large.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

dropbox it... or something similar. Read my other post btw...
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

The Internet Explorer 11 installation file is included in each of the Windows Seven releases. Located in the Non Critical section.

@TheAPGuy Check your PM
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"