Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by ChrisJ »

here's most of the releases listed in ap5756. it's only the rti file so they are red but the name, date, are there to see what the issue is. one thing i notice is there's no way to sort the releases, this might be a nice feature.

on a side note, i wish sweeper wouldnt flip out because there's nothing in the modules folder for the rti file it verifies, throws a crap load of errors, dialogs and log file, but eventually finishes.

hope the screenshot helps.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ohh that may be the screen he was talking about with the date. I can't control how the date is represented there other then to re-sign all the releases. That part is a string that is stored in the rti(z) itself. I am going to change it to an actual date value some time in the future though since it would save more space and I like to be some what efficient with space and speed.

What would you prefer sweeper do when it can not find what its looking for? The current way it is coded is sequentially. It goes though its list of things to look for and looks kinda like this

Code: Select all

TOP:
IF Item NOT found then
IF Verbose OR Debug then Show Missing Item
else (item found do some checks)
IF Item hash NOT what_it_should_be then
Post Error
else (Hash is good check size)
IF Item Size NOT what_it_should_be then Post error
end if
end if
go back to top. <--- please note, I don't use the dreaded GOTO command. Its a FOR statement but, most of you won't know what that is so, I simplified it.
Doing this way makes sure errors/issues are reported. If I was to hold back the errors and then decide what to do with the problem later there is the possibility of it not getting reported on crash or some kind of problem.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New Version... Link updated. 6.1.4

Forgot to enable line numbering on the initialization functions and did some minor under the hood changes.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

ViroMan wrote: For the dates.... What did you mean "as some are"? Do you see the full months name being shown? You should be seeing it in DD MMM YYYY Although sometimes only 1 D is shown... I Haven't gotten around to figuring out why its not adding a 0.
Win7 Ultimate 64bit w/SP1 > AutoPatcher v6.1.3 beta.

The opening (APUP function) screen shows the dates as: dd mmm yyyy with the 0 missing if the date has only one digit, i.e 7 Feb 2013 rather than 07 Feb 2013.

But, if I click Next and the AutoPatcher function starts then I select About then Release Info I get dates of March 7,2014, 20100311, 19th August 2007, and Feb 15, 2012 - these are the dates I was talking about.

If there was mention of adding the -B for beta in another discussion I missed it. :oops:
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

DesertJerry wrote:The opening (APUP function) screen shows the dates as: dd mmm yyyy with the 0 missing if the date has only one digit, i.e 7 Feb 2013 rather than 07 Feb 2013.
oh, the 'list of available releases' selection window. yes, single digit days are minus the zero.
DesertJerry wrote:But, if I click Next and the AutoPatcher function starts then I select About then Release Info I get dates of March 7,2014, 20100311, 19th August 2007, and Feb 15, 2012 - these are the dates I was talking about.
'release info' window - weird, i guess the rti tool allows both all digits (20100311) and (March 11, 2010, Mar 11, 2010).
DesertJerry wrote:If there was mention of adding the -B for beta in another discussion I missed it. :oops:
yes, the last time you mentioned apup & autopatcher being red a fix was suggested. the fix may not work as the latest autopatcher is signed with some different files so having both the beta and 5.7.56 may not work.

just tested, 5756 wants fm20.dll, this is missing in the v6.x zips. it is getting kinda hard keeping track as more files are getting removed or being edited. you can add files back but you will need to babysit the folders, older and newer releases dont play together as nice as they used to.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:What would you prefer sweeper do when it can not find what its looking for? The current way it is coded is sequentially. It goes though its list of things to look for and looks kinda like this
► Show Spoiler
Doing this way makes sure errors/issues are reported. If I was to hold back the errors and then decide what to do with the problem later there is the possibility of it not getting reported on crash or some kind of problem.
re: sweeper 137

i would expect if sweeper was attempting to verify the presence of files and folders in \modules against a particular rtiz file, if nothing existed it would list everything as 'UNOFFICIAL MISSING' in the log.

what sweeper does is throw up 2 dialogs for each rtiz file scanned (out of range, type mismatch), leaves behind in #autopatcher_temp# a matching 0 byte .RTI file for each .rti extracted, though sweeper deletes the .rti file when exited. the last dialog on bottom (run-time) in the image is what you get when you attempt to close sweeper. click OK and sweeper closes.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

fm20.dll is technically illegal for us to distribute. I have no clue why the original programer(s) allowed such a thing. If M$ wanted to slap us again, they could have. That dll file does effect the way text is show in different languages though. That is why I was asking for peoples opinion if it was looking different to them using other languages.

The rti tool actually takes any input for the date. I could put down "bla bla bla"... and it would accept that. :lol: It only stores a string value. Thus the reason why I said I wanted to change it to a date value.

For sweeper.. I had no idea it was giving actual errors... I will look into it. Is that the latest sweeper (1.3.7)?

edit:
Quickly looking over the code... the only thing I can think of is that the function that opens the rti for reading is might be getting passed a non existing file and trying to open it. That can cause the first and second error. I don't know if that is actually happening though. I will look into it more tomorrow when I have time.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:fm20.dll is technically illegal for us to distribute. I have no clue why the original programer(s) allowed such a thing. If M$ wanted to slap us again, they could have. That dll file does effect the way text is show in different languages though. That is why I was asking for peoples opinion if it was looking different to them using other languages.

The rti tool actually takes any input for the date. I could put down "bla bla bla"... and it would accept that. :lol: It only stores a string value. Thus the reason why I said I wanted to change it to a date value.

For sweeper.. I had no idea it was giving actual errors... I will look into it. Is that the latest sweeper (1.3.7)?
i finally found the rti tool someone gave me way back, haven't used it in a long time, hoping it continues to work with the newer autopatcher though :)

i think 137 is the latest, but i might have seen a 138, not sure, cant keep track of all the changes anymore.

speaking of changes, a changelog would be very nice, maybe minus the overly technical stuff but the highlights would be helpful - removed this, updated that, now does this, conflicts or wont work with that, updated sweeper to xyz :)

re: ap 6.x

ALSO: didnt want to start a new post but ap 6.x including the latest is having a time with /nolicense, cant negotiate the screen for some reason. when run, ap starts full screen for a couple seconds, about 1240x1040 for me based on screenshot i eventually got, then flashes to your selected size. run ap /nolicense /debug for the info. oh yeah, ap wont delete temp_bin when exited either.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well we did have a change log... from the other forum.

How the heck did you manage to get a copy of the rti tool? That is generally only handed out to trusted people who we deem need it to help the project. Not that your untrustworthy. I just do not see a reason for your having it.

regarding the commandline you suggested I will try it out.

edit: ohh, huh. I see what you mean. That is the size of the window when I am editing the windows. It seems the resize code isn't getting called soon enough when you skip the first two windows.

edit2: ok it is fixed for the next version. There was an early call to show the main window from old AP code.

edit3: Regarding sweeper error...I tried to replicate your error with no results. I placed all of the rti(z)s we have in a folder that has an empty modules in it and there was no error. What are your steps to repeat it.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:Well we did have a change log... from the other forum.
they are helpful, definetly when looking for changes between the previous version and the latest. i cant keep track anymore at what ap or apup version files were removed from \apup_bin, \bin.
ViroMan wrote:How the heck did you manage to get a copy of the rti tool? That is generally only handed out to trusted people who we deem need it to help the project. Not that your untrustworthy. I just do not see a reason for your having it.
the short version, i was around from the beginning, before autopatcher.com, before ap was portable. i, like everyone, mostly needed help. i began tweaking my own releases. eventually i helped others. i was pm'ed by a mod, thanked for the help. i contributed more when i could, getting updates ready, pm'ed my work. i was asked if i wanted to get more involved. after the 'ok' :), the mod said "here, finish it, put your name on it", hence the rti tool.

i've racked my brain trying to remember his name, he was cool to me, smart, and helpful but we lost touch years ago. i looked thru the member list on the previous forum starting with the first registered members, nothing rang a bell. i cant recall my old screen names, back then i used dumb ones like r2d2, c3po. now i use my own name, easy enough to remember.

there've been a few people since that were helpful but they've disappeared too. not sure of the names, renato, blazing angel, cyrus, m2ys4u, james, mike. i didnt know most of them, james i had started to communicate with, he was a mod, from the uk, he vanished. mike, he was a mod or maintainer possibly, became a pm for a time. mike i liked. he was helpful, answered my pms. my girlfriend called him my sensei, he has a natural ability to teach and explain. i see him online rarely. he manages a project with a friend last i heard, for in house it' types. this is about all i can remember from the old days of autopatcher, it sure was busy, and exciting if you liked tech stuff. i would like to say i knew a few girls but i cant, did any ever register, mostly dudes :) sorry, that was the long version :mrgreen:
ViroMan wrote:edit3: Regarding sweeper error...I tried to replicate your error with no results. I placed all of the rti(z)s we have in a folder that has an empty modules in it and there was no error. What are your steps to repeat it.
well, i think i found my problem but i dont know why its a problem when starting fresh, ap 6.x only. i had to drop sweeper in there obviously. fix -> i added \apup_bin and threw the 4 7z files in, now, sweeper works as expected. i removed the folder -> sweeper chokes. i have no idea why sweeper cant find 7z relocated to \bin but it cant, not for me.