Windows 10 Updates

sobe@44

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Post by sobe@44 »

Good Morning All sysops,

To start ,1st off "I love your product" and have been using it for many years @ work as well as @ home.

An old friend the head technician of a computer store I used to work @ told me about it & yea I fell in like for your product ever since.

Yes I actually do tell everyone I know about it too, even my Big brother's that 1 of the actually works for Paul Allan's Company As the Network Administrator and the other Brother is a software programmer by trade.

Couldn't you use the preview release of windows 8-10 from the Microsoft site developer network?

You did know It is free for 90 days you know,right?

I have been using those versions for many years from windows 7- Windows 10 too...

Those versions are fully functional also w/o nag screens,etc.

The best things I like about windows 8.1-10 of windows is that they all save your desktop settings, plus even your wall paper's loading pics area saved too.

If you love apps like I do from the free sections of Microsoft's store on health & other things then it's great since Windows 8.1 even saves all your apps w/o installing them so you can install them later after a full system flatten and installation of Windows 8.1,too.

PS:} The links to Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcen ... enterprise

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcen ... enterprise

Yes you need to register, but getting the new versions of Windows b4 everyone else Plus for free is great I think.

They even give you tons of learning resources for free too about tons of their products as well.

Your Happy user,
Sobe@44
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Thanks for the links. Although I for one... dislike windows 10 since it has massive privacy issues. Lets not forget if they don't want you to have something installed they can legally uninstall it from your computer since you agreed to let them do that. The attempted nagging me to death to get windows 10 makes me REALLY not want it as well.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

The Anniversary Update brings things up to Build 14393.10 - and a new RS2 will soon be released for those participating in the insider Preview to get ready for the next major update, or two, next year - all this, to me, would seem to preclude any attempt to keep AutoPatcher up-to-date for any Win10 version.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

There has been nobody at this time to make a solid commitment to creating a release for Windows 10.
From what I have observed so far is that since the updates appear to be cumulative creating a release would not be a difficult task.
So many people have offered but nothing solid as yet, a pity for those who are running the OS as you are required to rely on Windows Update Service.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Steven.DeZalia

Post by Steven.DeZalia »

Does someone have a set of instructions listing how to preform the necessary steps to build the AutoPatcher for it?

I've been a long time user, and after seeing no one biting at grabbing this I thought this is how i could start contributing back to the community and get my feet wet.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Excellent... except one thing. MS has prevented anyone from directly downloading the win 10 updates except through a secure connection (Microsoft Update Catalog) using ONLY a plugin for only internet explorer. We can not make a script that would download updates for windows 10. We can make scripts to detect if an update is installed or even install/remove an update however all users would have to manually download the updates. :super frown face:
Kleral

Post by Kleral »

Hey there. Just wanted to state that the ActiveX Site is being looked into.

It was mentioned on the blog post about the Win 7 / 8.1 changes: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/win ... ndows-8-1/

Snippet from the site:

Microsoft Update Catalog
The Microsoft Update Catalog website is being updated to remove the ActiveX requirement so it can work with any browser. Currently, Microsoft Update Catalog still requires that you use Internet Explorer. We are working to remove the ActiveX control requirement, and expect to launch the updated site soon.
LittlBUGer

Post by LittlBUGer »

TheAPGuy wrote:Excellent... except one thing. MS has prevented anyone from directly downloading the win 10 updates except through a secure connection (Microsoft Update Catalog) using ONLY a plugin for only internet explorer. We can not make a script that would download updates for windows 10. We can make scripts to detect if an update is installed or even install/remove an update however all users would have to manually download the updates. :super frown face:
Well, I guess I forgot how long I've been here since I had to re-register my account to the forum and everything, but anyway...

I would also love to help, similar to as I did in the past (ahh, the good ol' days), but I do not have Windows 10 myself either. I have the same views on privacy, and other things, as TheAPGuy though I do realize I will eventually have to move.

As for the Microsoft Update Catalog, I know this is going to sound dumb and basic knowledge, but Internet Explorer 11 still resides within Windows 10. You just need to create a shortcut to it within it's folder under the 'Program Files (x86)' folder. So no matter which version of Windows you are running, you should be able to access that site and download what you need. Though I hate IE with a passion, I do realize it is required on some sites still, so whatever must be done for the good of us all. :-)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

While that is true it is also a fact that you can't get updates without going through the special plugin that securely downloads updates.
leonferrara

Post by leonferrara »

Hello :)
I am Leon Ferrara from New York . I just want to say thank of all that takes parts in this discussion. Because of I got many of information here by you.
Thanks
:)
http://www.idmkey.com/idm-serial-number/