Windows 10 Updates

TheArkive

Re: Windows 10 Updates - public links

Post by TheArkive »

Thought you guys might appreciate this:

How to get public links from Microsoft Update Catalog
========================
1) Select downloads
NOTE: I tried doing about 500 at once, didn't work too well. Not sure what the limit is yet...

2) Open Console / Debugger > select Debugger tab

3) view and copy
========================
► Show Spoiler
========================
I'll do what I can to help build a list. Hopefully this will spark some more community effort too.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Post by TheAPGuy »

REALLY? hmm... Think I will try the supplied links....
Windows 10.0 KB3173427-x64
huh... Ill be damned. it works.
LittlBUGer

Post by LittlBUGer »

That's some good news. I'm sure with the capabilities within AutoPatcher (or borrowing something from a tool like Ketarin) that it could scour the pages, get the links, and download the patches. If there's something I can do with the little time I have, I will try my best. :-)
yeakyau

Post by yeakyau »

Dear TheAPGuy, The tutorial and link is not working for learning how to create a script for autopatcher pls assits i would like to learn if possible may try to contribute since im started or explorer using windows 10 pro
yeakyau

Post by yeakyau »

TheAPGuy wrote:You would like to create the windows 10 script?

This is an example script. --> http://www.autopatcher.com/Apup_Documen ... 404.script
Read these instructions starting from section 5 and on. -> http://www.autopatcher.com/Apup_Documen ... _docs.html

Don't get daunted by reading them and thinking you can't do it. Really, anyone can. You don't need to be a programmer or even smart to do this. You just need the drive to do boring things that help yourself and others save time. With a little practice it becomes quite easy.

Start of by creating a small script with maybe two updates in it. Show it off here and we can correct you IF you got anything wrong.
the link is not working
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

well they are .com links I can switch them over to .net since we are .net now. The .com links DO work for me however so I don't know what the issue is fore you. :(
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I had no issue with the links either.

If interested, here's all 4 html helps plus a sample script and apm from the old forum's doc page. It's basically the old nova.zip that has been floating around for years minus the very outdated png image. The 7z will extract a folder -> \AP.Docs. I think the same files are also on the wiki.

The old forum doc page is here -> http://www.autopatcher.net/forums/topic ... mentation/
For an updated script just pick one from the releases list -> http://www.autopatcher.net/releases.list

The material is old but still useful.
Attachments
AP.Docs.7z
(31.17 KiB) Downloaded 2068 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Thanks ChrisJ.
OOps55

Post by OOps55 »

It's a horror. After installing Windows 10 (I had Windows 7) I have a problem with pop-UPS! And this new Locky((( ZZZZZ!!! <APGUY: spam looking url removed.> Anyone else hear about it? I only find this article.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

There are MANY articles about trojen and viral locking programs that are ransom-ware but, I have never heard of either of these variants. If I was to encounter either of them I would personally say... "F this" and just go to one of my backups from an external drive.