Windows 10 Updates

The Crow

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Post by The Crow »

Removed the old Autopatcher.exe and added in the new one, ran as an administrator

currently experiencing cash handler

Autopatcher v6.2.19 ! ADMIN ! Has Started at 29/01/2017 03:52:56

Starting Autopatcher From C:\Users\Undertaker\Desktop\AutoPatcher for Windows 10 (x64) Jan 2017 Standalone

Checking if OCX Files are registered.

Checking if an update is already running.
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 10 Home X64
Current Locale: English / Non-Unicode Default: English

checking for obsolete files...
Error Detected: File not found in ReleaseIntegrity.IndexRTIFiles At Line 116

Missing File: C:\Users\Undertaker\Desktop\AutoPatcher for Windows 10 (x64) Jan 2017 Standalone\temp_bin\apengine.rti

I have an apengine.rtiz but not rti as requesting, renaming rtiz to rti presents the following error

Autopatcher v6.2.19 ! ADMIN ! Has Started at 29/01/2017 03:57:11

Starting Autopatcher From C:\Users\Undertaker\Desktop\AutoPatcher for Windows 10 (x64) Jan 2017 Standalone

Checking if OCX Files are registered.

Checking if an update is already running.
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 10 Home X64
Current Locale: English / Non-Unicode Default: English

checking for obsolete files...
Error Detected: Subscript out of range in ReleaseIntegrity.IndexRTIFile At Line 122
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

deleted apengine.rtiz and can run the new supplied autopatcher.exe fine now

I do see the message WARNING: There are no RTI files to check continuity of files. but that's due to removing the rtiz file to get AutoPatcher.exe running on the supplied file

just did a test on the 64bit standalone, adding the new _BN parts hides updates not applicable to the system, all seems to be working fine atm

I haven't updated the scripts on the server yet with these changes included until you feel the AutoPatcher.exe is ready to be released

I also noticed a new cumulative came out, so I need to re-update the scripts again anyway which I will do at some point today

How do I go about ensuring users use the new build of Autopatcher.exe so they don't run into detection problems with TEN_64 being replaced etc?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I will release the new build when I figure out why you are getting that error on line 116.
btw... RTIZ is simply a ziped rti file. I do not get that error on my machine. :( Try unzipping the rti and see if you get the same error.

Line 116 is trying to find the file it just uncompressed from the rtiz file. If the file did not uncompress successfully (bad zip or it does not have write access to the temp directory(or it does not exist))then that would cause that error. So ya...

Attached is a proper version in case your file is bad some how. Extract the rtiz from the zip.
Attachments
apengine.zip
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 2778 times
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Strange I added your uploaded copy in and all is working, compared file hashes with the one I removed earlier and they match :s

Seems to be working now though, bit of a strange one
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok... so there was not really an error just a weird thing.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Seems like a random glitch Cannot seem to replicate it again updating and testing the 64bit releases, the updated 64bit releases are ready. I'm presently working on updating the 32bit ones now, which should be ready to go within about an hour.

I added in the BNxxxx to all 64bit scripts so users will need to use the latest Autopatcher.exe to avoid no updates being detected that can be installed
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

You get the scripts ready and I will apply them to the main script. They will NOT show up unless they are using a new enough AP via "APUPVersion=X.X.X"
val__

Post by val__ »

Is there option to use multiple Main list URLs?
Like url1 and url2 delimited with semicolon or some other char?

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm.. its possible to add the ability to remember multiple urls in a string like you say, very easily. I would probably implement it as a drop down list. In the INI file it would store as a single string.

So it would be..
URL
URL2
ADD another URL
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Just checking in on things see how everyone is getting on with the Windows 10 Scripts

I haven't noticed any cumulative updates so far this month, I will update the scripts accordingly as and when necessary