Windows 10 Updates

Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Post by Whatacrock »

MS has released KB4010254 for Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ry-21-2017
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Just an FYI for The Crow Making the current win 10 updates you have posted official in a an hour. (Eating first and then swapping urls around and some test downloading)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Holly crap it took for ever to download all those updates from MS, Then I had to sort them and sign the scripts. All scripts are uploaded to the server. Windows 10 List - http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/Win10Releases.list

I have all the x64 scripts signed. I will sign the x86 scripts tomorrow. I am almost thinking it is better off to not have these scripts signed. The size of each update file means it takes for ever to check the hash files. Win 10 keeps thinking the application froze for each file it pauses to hash out.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Done with the windows 10 release. All scripts signed. The list has been updated with the signatures so it can know if installed or not.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Will update the scripts this week, noticed the March updates have been released for patch Tuesday, so all are now out of date as such

I will also include the latest flash player update when I update the scripts
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Sorry about the delay on updating the scripts guys, just letting you all know I haven't abandoned ship on this.

I've just been busy with work in general (covering for staff away on vacation) and have been working some overtime, I will have at least the monthly standalone scripts completed for the upcoming Easter weekend

On a sidenote TheApGuy. can you add me in detections within autopatcher? I noticed on the Windows 10 Update History page they now list a Windows 10 version 1703, I'm assuming this is the new Windows 10 Creators Edition?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

"add me in detections"?
You mean create a new detection for you? No need. Where the current detections says... TEN_X64_BN14393 Just change TEN_X64_BNXXXXX to what ever the new build number to detect with is. :)

If you want to find out what your new build number is... start AP with /debug. Don't do anything and close it. read the log... look for you new build number... on the line that looks like this...

environment.operatingSystem.Tag=TEN|TEN_X64|TEN_SP0|TEN_SP0_X64|TEN_|TEN__X64|TEN__SP0|TEN__SP0_X64|TEN_|TEN__X64|TEN__SP0|TEN__SP0_X64|TEN__|TEN___X64|TEN___SP0|TEN___SP0_X64|TEN_BN14393|TEN_X64_BN14393|TEN_SP0_BN14393

For the record... everything seen on this line can be used as a detection for the OS. Its not perfect since some things were chopped out and I didn't get around to removing the part of the code that concatenated the extra bits on to the tag. for example... "TEN__" there is supposed to be 2 other things on that string. The ones in RED are the recommended ones to look at for your case.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Sorry about the long absence I've been tied up with a lot of work lately. The good news is I'm looking at updating all the scripts this week.

The Windows 10 scripts will be restructured to condense download sizes, the non standalone monthly scripts will be split up into years, each year will have it's own script

In the long run it would be better for maintenance, it also gives the user more flexibility of what they need to download, the standalone monthly update packages will remain the same

This is more for system admins that may need to install certain patches only on certain computers for software compatibility etc

@TheAPGuy last time I downloaded the scripts, I got some errors within the signed versions. I won't worry about this and go into much detail as the packs will be revamped and will require resigning after anyway

I'll give the new build numbers a whirl aswell, it's cool I can just change build numbers to what I need instead of needing detections adding in

Let's get these Windows 10 scripts back on track it's been a while :-)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

cool beans ole chap.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

I've happened to come across an issue updating the Windows 10 scripts, basically the problem is as follows

After installing a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home x86 or x64 Build Version 1507, when I try and update using the latest Cumulative Standalone update (July 11th 2017), I keep getting an error this update is not applicable to your computer.

If I install the June 27th 2017 standalone update first and then install the latest Cumulative update (July 11th 2017) it works / installs as expected.

It concludes to me that a fresh install needs patching so far first before accepting more recent standalone updates, this seems to be a sort of prerequisite

Is it possible to add additional commands / switches into Autopatcher so If the minor build number is below a certain version then show the june update, if the minor version is higher than junes build version show the latest standalone update etc.

So basically the June update will always be contained within the standalone update script, but depending on the minor versions shows only for applicable systems only

This may also become an issue for other future more up to date build like 1607 and 1703 in the near future

In short some sort of switch / conditional statement similar to BN1024 but pass in a minor version number e.g BN10240.17488 etc

Not sure how it would work adding something like if > BN10240.17488 (is greater than) show July 11th 2017 update else if < BN10240.17446 (is less than) show June 27th update, it would also require for it not to show if the current build is equal to the June's build also

So if the user has the June build installed but nothing else since, it would only show the july update and not both updates