Windows 10 Updates

The Crow

Re: Windows 10 Updates

Post by The Crow »

Not sure of the professional version, whichever is included within the MSDN untouched ISO's, so I believe it will be retail

When I install from the ISO's it asks me to choose between home or professional at installation time

I do all my testing on newly built unactivated VMware installations, and have always used the legit ISO's from various sources and verified via SHA hashes to ensure the ISO's haven't been tampered with in any way

As far as I know Windows 10 seems to be free in some form, the unpaid versions you just get nag screens to buy without ill effect, or so I've read from various sources

I don't think Windows 10 has a Trial mode of some sort or activation period after say 120 days, like the old xp os used to do (I just left the product key field blank and clicked next when installing via vmware)

From all the times I've been using my unactivated backed up and restored VMware images, I've never been asked to activate once so far

The pre built VMware installations I did I backed up after a fresh install (so I can test and restore after), that was nearly 12 months ago on some of them, and they are still running strong unactivated and accept all updates via Windows Update

However the 3 laptops I have I own a legit and activated copy of Home on each one (which came pre installed on each laptop with manufacture restore partition)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... looking at the old code... <shudder>(it is pages and pages long of a giant case switch with 5 lines repeated over and over with minor changes) I will patch in a quick fix but, I definitely need to redo this section at some point. Using a bit more logical thinking will go a long way to shortening it up to at least 1/12 of its current size.
when I first picked this project up, I took something that already existed and expanded upon it with newer definitions of the OS's. It was a quick thing to do without any thinking. Now it is a craptastic tidal wave of a mess to look at.
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Just looking for a quick update on the patch status, is this now ready to go so I can finalise and get the scripts released?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Windows 10 builds 1803 and 1809 versions x86 and x64 are on main list and signed.
Sweeper log

Code: Select all

Looking For RTI Files...
Extracting RTI: apengine.rtiz
Found RTI: apengine.rtiz
Found RTI: ten_x64_1803_20190119.rti
Found RTI: ten_x64_1809_20190119.rti
Found RTI: ten_x86_1803_20190119.rti
Found RTI: ten_x86_1809_20190119.rti
Done Looking For RTI Files.
Performing Checks...
Performing Empty Dir Check...
Done

No Errors To Report

Files Scanned: 89

Sweeper Finsihed At 1/19/2019 12:46:23 PM
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

I'm currently creating the various other Windows 10 versions their scripts

These should hopefully be released shortly :)