Windows 8 Update

Requests for help go in here.
rocnot

Windows 8 Update

Post by rocnot »

Trying to update the windows 8 update before I can go to windows 8.1 but I keep getting verification error. What can I do to fix this error so I can get it to work.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Windows 8 Update

Post by Whatacrock »

Just to make you aware the Windows 8 release is no longer being maintained. This is due to the amount of time and effort required to bring it up to date.
With that being said I would advise to use Windows Update to install the missing updates that are not in the autopatcher release.

A note: Please supply the apup.log file and will edit the release to bypass the verification error(s)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

A quick update: to bring the Windows 8 release up to present status, no fewer than 28 Security Updates apply --- this would be a very time consuming exercise !!
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
rocnot

Post by rocnot »

Thanks. I figured out and I was using it because my WIndows update just wouldnt work. It kept failing on most and just installing a few at a time. Which was making the process tedious and time consuming. I actually did finally get up to 8.1 luckily and just trying to get the rest of the patches now to get me current to the updates on Tuesday. Just a very long and tedious process so far.