apup.exe won't load

Requests for help go in here.
Dragonslayer2k

apup.exe won't load

Post by Dragonslayer2k »

Just downloaded latest version of apup from the forum, unzipped, and attempted to run apup from an elevated command prompt. Got a popup box which said there was an automation error: "Automation error. %1 is not a valid Win32 application. In prjUpdater.mdlInitialization.Main At Line 100
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: apup.exe won't load

Post by TheAPGuy »

Automation errors are typically DLL registration errors.
Go to this link and download that version of AP. It has Apup built in and requires less things to be registered.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47
Dragonslayer2k

Post by Dragonslayer2k »

Tried the beta version as directed. Same or similar error:

Autopatcher v6.1.10 Has Started at 2014-09-04 11:10:44 PM

Starting Autopatcher From C:\MyFileCabinet\Downloads\AutoPatcher

Error Detected: Automation error
%1 is not a valid Win32 application. in CommandLine.initCommadline At Line 100
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm.. ok so I went over the code at that section and I see where a variable is used before it is set. In most cases this shouldn't cause an issue since it is a call to windows scripting system but, it appears your system is very strict (since the fact that no one else has complained about it and it doesn't happen on my end). I believe the linked download should fix your issue.

<link removed since I am a dunce give me a day to put a new one up.>

Also... what version of windows are you using (if you don't mind me asking)? Just so I can tell the difference as to why yours is issuing an error that no one else has gotten.
Dragonslayer2k

Post by Dragonslayer2k »

I have two systems running Win7 Ultimate, one 32-bit, one 64-bit. Autopatcher works great on the 32-bit system, but not at all on the 64-bit.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Dragonslayer2k

Post by Dragonslayer2k »

Won't even launch on the 64-bit computer. No error log. Works fine on the 32-bit machine.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

what? Is there an error window that shows up? You just see some HD activity but, nothing happens on the 64 bit? Starting the log file is almost literally the first thing it does that I can control. This could be tied to another error reported by parkd1 as well. So I am awaiting responses from you both.
Dragonslayer2k

Post by Dragonslayer2k »

Nothing at all happens. I type in autopatcher-b in the elevated command window, and nothing happens at all. If I do the same thing in safe mode, I get the popup box with the automation error, but again, no log file. The automation error popup box gives the name of the log file, but it isn't actually there ...