Problem solved Crash Confused Apup V.6.1.21 alone ....

Requests for help go in here.
helpdesk32

Problem solved Crash Confused Apup V.6.1.21 alone ....

Post by helpdesk32 »

Simply enter all 'inside of the file Autopatcher.ini the following strings instead of those already existing:

FormWidth = 21840
FormHeight = 13740

The problem was the 'acceptance of the license agreement which will eventually appear at the bottom.

If the file Autopatcher.ini not find it, at the first opening of Apup will create all 'inside.

To facilitate the configuration to enter all 'inside of the file Autopatcher.ini you write:

[Proxy]
UseProxy = 0
address =
Port = 8080
UseAuthentication = 0
[General]
RememberSelections = 0
RememberURL = http: //www.autopatcher.net/releases.list
Showhidden = False
[Form]
FormWidth = 21840
FormHeight = 13740

I hope it was useful. Thanks to all !!!

Carefully checking inside the folder Apup, I realized that after doing the configuration .INI file Autopatcher, the executable file Apup.exe, disappears altogether.

You have to do is go out and Autopatcher click it, until you open the window under the 'acceptance of the contract.

May occur in some cases, that for the first time, the screen will appear Confused, simply close and reopen Autopatcher and you will see that everything will be successful.

Surely we will have to improve it and someone will do their best to do it.

Thanks again to all, the test was carried out directly by the undersigned.

After yet an analysis carried out in this moment, I realized that an error may occur on some systems, Windows 7 64-bit, you can just download the rar file compressed Autopatcher Vers. 6.1.21 attached, extract it and copy (overwrite) its contents (Autopatcher.exe) with that folder Apup.

If there should be other evidence you will communicate them immediately, after this step, it seems that everything is working to perfection.

This version works on all versions of Windows both 32-bit and 64-bit.

VM: Attachment removed. Please do not upload files other then logs or other such txt files. IF it IS a file I provided please post a link to the post I gave the file.
ChrisJ

Re: Problem solved Crash Confused Apup V.6.1.21 alone ....

Post by ChrisJ »

@helpdesk32
May I ask - who are you? Are you ViroMan or a friend? I'm concerned because you just came by for the first time and are uploading a file that could??? be dangerous for users to download and run - malware, trojan!!!

Did ViroMan give you access to the sourcecode?

To my 5 or so friends who frequent these forums but have yet to register, you know who you are ;) : Until an admin can confirm the safety of this exe...
...Don't download this file (attachment) unless ViroMan, Whatacrock, click-click give it the green light of approval!

Sorry helpdesk32, don't mean to be suspicious but afterall you registered today!

To any user having the Yikes (Maximized, Line 126) crash issue, a few things to do until a new AP is uploaded by ViroMan.

First, check task manager and close(kill) all AutoPatcher.exe (32-bit) processes. The close button is only closing the gui and dropping the app to a background process, in affect only hiding AutoPatcher. Right-clicking the taskbar and closing doesn't work either. The Exit button on AP v6121 is the only way to fully exit AP.

With AP now closed, edit the autopatcher.ini file if what you want is a maximized frame (window), edit the width & height parameters. On my 15.6" laptop "20300 x 11300" works for me, your milage will vary. Make sure you can get at AP's Exit button. Also, for now, don't use the /nolicense switch, there is an issue with the minimized Download/Install window and this switch. This window will set the precedent for the sizes of any following AP window - and they will be huge because the Downlod/Install window is essentially say 30% in size of the rest of the windows, About, Release Info, etc. If the window is started at 20300 x 11300, do the math, the rest of the windows will be 70% larger - roughly, which is why the rest of the gui is off your screen. If you ignore /nolicense, the first EULA screen now sets the precedent, if it starts at 20300 x 11300, the Download/Install frame will be only 30% it's size - roughly.

So, for now... with AP v6121 & running a maximized window...
* Edit your autopatcher.ini file to adjust the form heigth & width to fill your screen to your liking - don't use the maximize button. Dragging the gui to resize works sometimes, my experience is the ini is not always updated so the new size doesn't always stick.
* Don't use the /nolicense switch when running maximized. This switch can work depending on the size of the gui - experiment.
* Use Exit to fully exit AP - don't use Close.
* Make sure all autopatcher.exe processes are closed - use task manager.

These are my suggestions only when running AP v6121. I would suggest creating a shortcut to autopatcher.exe and editing the Target properties. I have to forego using /nolicense when runnin AP at my desired size, 11500 x 8500 otherwise all window sizes after the Download/Install window are huge and the gui becomes a mess to navigate.

I'm sure a fix is in the works, until then :)
Last edited by ChrisJ on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Agree with ChrisJ I do... DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED FILE UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS RESOLVED BY VIROMAN.. IT IS HIS CODE AFTERALL
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
helpdesk32

Post by helpdesk32 »

This is what he posted in another post, if you are not sure chiedelo to himself ... He did not deliver a virus and has nothing going safe.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

helpdesk32 wrote:This is what he posted in another post, if you are not sure chiedelo to himself ... He did not deliver a virus and has nothing going safe.
Aren't You -> He? - chiedelo to himself - has nothing going safe. HUH!

Either a drunk or a bot, would you want either fixing your PC? I'm in favor of deleting this thread outright.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I will be spending time on the code tomorrow and the next day. Until then I have reverted the master list to allow downloading of APUP and older AP.