update integration using Ap

Requests for help go in here.
User_Hidden

update integration using Ap

Post by User_Hidden »

Hi '

I have a query Is there a possibility to enable me to use the AP in merger the updatepack in my unattended system as offline methode not as the regularr way
any help coudebe useful .
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: update integration using Ap

Post by TheAPGuy »

yes.. you can download tools to do that for you. We used to support slip streaming but, we have stopped doing that.
For example you can download all the updates with AP and then use nLite to create a new slipstreamed CD. That will work for XP, and vista disks I think. For Win 7 you would need rt7light or something similar. When either program asks if you want to integrate drivers/updates you just select all the exe/msi files you downloaded.
User_Hidden

Post by User_Hidden »

thanks@viroMan for repaly , umm seem intersting to unzip the updatepack and intergratit on modefided DVD i suggest to make autopatcher do this fuction some kind of dev.
becouse out thear is worldwide of modefided windows and your tool i think it's perfect for the jop if dev. !
regard
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@User_Hidden --- Autopatcher is and always will be a stand alone updater for Windows Operating Systems. What users do with these updates is up to the individual.

For my 2 bob's worth:- slipstreaming (integration) only really applies to service packs and updates like Internet Explorer, Drivers and the likes. People need to remember integrating updates, to me, seems redundant as they often change either monthly or less often.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"