Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Requests for help go in here.
ChrisJ

Re: Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and cra

Post by ChrisJ »

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Anon4495\Desktop\New folder (7)\
The desktop in the past has been a bad idea, your previous location was C:\Autopatcher, I would use this location rather than the desktop atleast with AP 5x -- but I guess it worked for you with Java 8x64 so may not be the problem with 8x86.

If you use Run, not AP to install, point to the exe file and simply add /s -- this should work. If it does you can eliminate the switch and Java 8x86 on your system, if it doesn't install you need to look at your system.

Wac may have something else to say, you can wait for his opinion.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

My last couple logs before this where on my deployments, so C:\Autopatcher, this is just the random folder on my desktop that I have for testing, you get to see my internal mess. But the problem seems to be with the apm files, not with how I am doing it, because if I modify the apm files for Java 8 32-bit and 64-bit removing

/v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress"
from Installation and

/v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress" /x
from removal they both install fine, so it does seem to be the apm' for Java 8 32 and 64-bit.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Looking into the Java 8 apms, I have determined that the uninstall (removal) does not work, an alternative needs to be found. On the bright side, editing the installation and removing everything passed the /s, it runs smoothly and installs with out any errors returned. The exception to this as before is the file detection, if the x64 update is installed before the x86, autopatcher displays both as installed where the x86 should be still shown as needing to be installed... looking into this further as the day goes on.
One thing to note: In testing I removed the Registry Detection from the apm as for Windows Vista and above, this is NOT required and future editing of these apms it will be removed.

Final note: totally bewildered in regards to the x86 apm,it displays installed if the x64 first, am going to take one final shot in a vm and see what can be achieved, keep you all posted..

Edited the apms, resigned and uploaded to server, please refer to post http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 2864#p2864
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I noticed last week when I was doing a client install, Wednesday my script worked fine but on Friday (after APUP was updated with Java 8 Update 40) that the entries that were for Java 8 Update 31 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) where just removed from apup.ini and the new ones were not added. Any clue why this would happen? I did not keep a copy of apup.ini on this install so I cannot provide it, but it was just the 2 entries for Java being removed and then me having to manually open APUP and select the new version of Java.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wac: it will only solve installations via AP but you could insert either a txt file for detection or a registry setting. If you do the text file route make sure the name contains version numbers and someone can just look at it and probably understand why it exists 'Java8_04x86DetectionAssistFile.txt' something like that... well not like that. That seems a bit long but, you get the idea.

Matt4495: if the item you select is no longer on the list after some update of the list. Next time it goes to save settings to the INI file it will omit that item from being placed in the list. It will always overwrite the INI file.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

Would you please give me an example of the "text file for detection" route? Or is it somewhere in the wiki that I am having no luck find? EDIT: Ah, this first part was seemingly for WAC and not me. So how would I got about getting this to work?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well if I remember right APM's can have multiple entries for installs and removes. So... you would create an aptly named txt file and then have the apm run a copy command to have it copied over to the location java is generally installed. Edit the apm to detect that txt file for it being installed and there you go.

so as an example (I have not tried this out) it would look similar to this in the apm for installation...

[Installation]
"Module:\jre-8u40-windows-x86.exe" /s
"Copy Module:\Java8.40x86_DetectionFile.txt windows:..\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_40"
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ViroMan --- you have lost to what you require, sorry "BLONDE" moment again --- http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic. ... t=60#p2980.

The apm modules could have the registry detection re-introduced if that would make it easier.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

sure if that is easier for you. I was just explaining a possible way to do it via a file entry.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Will update just the java 8 modules for the time being, that way Matt4495 can test and report his findings. Keep you posted.....

UPDATE: Java 8 updated March 12